Passion Island

deedee290

We were there in Jan. of 04, and it was beautiful. Beach is like a corona commercial, uncrowded and clean. The staff was top notch, the food and drinks were great! That being said, I don't know that I would go back. Major drawback for us was the commute time, and how expensive this excursion is. For a 5 hour excursion, only 2 1/2 hours was actually spent on the beach. It seemed we had just had time to settle in, eat, have a few drinks, take a walk, and it was time to leave. We were supposed to meet our guide and be on our way at 11:00 am, but there were a number of cruisers who showed up late, so it was actually about 11:45 before we were on our way. Not sure what kind of shape it is in now after the hurricane. Next time, we will just take a 10 minute cab ride to one of the local beach clubs and pay much less for beaches that are also very beautiful. Check out Palm, Nachi Cocum, and Paradise. They are very popular beaches much closer that many rave about! Just my 2 cents! :)

I was just there on our 8/28 Mariner cruise, and we LOVED it!

Yes, it did take a while to get there, by bus and by ferry, but our tour guide Isaac made the time go by fast. It really DOES look like a Corona commercial there, it is SOOOO peaceful and quiet. You could see that the hurricane had churned up the waters some, but it was still lovely. We got three full hours on the island, which was plenty for us.

Lunch was fair, nothing to write home about, and the free drinks are pretty watered down (at least that's my explanation for drinking four margaritas and feeling NOTHING) :p but that was all secondary to the location. There is a photographer on the island who took three pictures of us and they turned out FABULOUS...and they were CHEAP. We got three 8x10s for $25! They are some of my favorite photos from the cruise.

I can't compare to other beach excursions in Cozumel, the only other time I was there I did the Fury Catamaran (also fun). For us, Passion Island was definitely worth it and one of the highlights of our trip. :)

We just got back from our 6 day trip on the Carnival M/S Elation, and we hit Passion Island via a Jeep tour. Our guide was great, the jeep ride getting there was a blast, down dirt roads, through streams and ponds, took about an hour from the port to the tender to take us over to the island (5-10 mins to get accross).

The beach itself was wonderful, soft sand in the ocean, so no need for water shoes, there were maybe 20 of us for a mile stretch of beach, there were times that we felt like the only ones there.

There is a little shop there, don't waste your time as it's very expensive, there are cheaper things near the ship.

Food was fine, drinks were not watered down where we were.

Last, the reason it looks like a Corona commercial, is because that is the beach all those Corona commercials were filmed on!

We had a great time and will be heading back over there on our next cruise in January!

Archived