Booking 2 guarantee cabins

sarafs

We have been on several cruises but have always chosen our rooms. Thinking about booking guarantee rooms to save some $$$. We are a family of 4 and usually get 2 rooms. Children in their own room. Will carnival put our rooms near each other?

We just got off of the Freedom last week. We booked two rooms, guarantee inside and we were put right next to each other. I don't know if this is the norm or their guideline, but it was our experience.

make sure to 'link' your bookings when booking... i've been told they will 'try' but it is not guaranteed. that said any guarantee type booking i've done have been right next to each other, and seem to be assigned very quickly since it's a request for adjacent cabins (and were upgraded on the category 8a to 8c etc.). i think given that you have kids, it's even more likely.

We've done this in the past and didn't get quite the same result. It may have been because we were linking adult cabins as opposed to adults/children.

Of the 4, we had two next to each other, one about 4 cabins down, and the fourth was "behind" that cabin (interior cabins) so that they were actually over in the other hallway. Close on the map, not so close on the ship.

They were all close enough for what we needed so it wasn't a significant issue.

We booked three guarantees;my husband and myself,son and daughter-in-law and two grandchildren 13 and 15.Since it was guarantees we had to book one child in each room with parent.They assigned us cabins about weeks out and put us all next to eachother.

They let us change and have the kids in one room,since they were next to each other.Their rules are minors have to be within 3 cabins of adult and when you do guarantees you do not know where they will put you,but I think they usually will try and keep families near each other,if possible.

There have been several posts over the past little while where people were upset that there rooms were placed on different decks, opposite ends of the ships, etc. If your rooms have to be close together, you will need to pay the difference or just risk it.

I wouldnt take the chance with a guarantee

we have booked this way 2 times, both times with 3 cabins. we had 3 different decks the first time and 3 cabins next to each other the second time!!:)

it is a chance that you take to save a little money.

There have been several posts over the past little while where people were upset that there rooms were placed on different decks, opposite ends of the ships, etc. If your rooms have to be close together, you will need to pay the difference or just risk it.

This is exactly what I was just going to post. Honestly there's no guarantee when you don't pick your cabin and you let Carnival pick it that you will get cabins by each other. Even with linking bookings. That's why guarantee rates are cheaper. IF you are in a situation, especially with children or someone who needs to have a cabin near someone else you are better off paying the extra money to select the location of each cabin and ensure they are close to one another. There were just several posts on here, one in particular that I can remember of a woman who was very upset because it didn't work out for her and there were very few cabins left to choose from once the cabins were assigned and she realized it was a problem.

Dealing with this right now on the Splendor. Linked booking and two decks apart despite with the CSR led us to believe.

Caveat emptor. Don't risk it. Would have paid extra if I had a clue it would be that bad.

We have been on several cruises but have always chosen our rooms. Thinking about booking guarantee rooms to save some $$$. We are a family of 4 and usually get 2 rooms. Children in their own room. Will carnival put our rooms near each other?

In your old posts, you mention ages. You'd be safer picking your cabins to have them guaranteed to be near you.