Breeze--which of these rooms would you pick?

awarren114

Thanks to everyone here at CC, I have narrowed down our room choices and put a courtesy hold on one of them. A little about us: traveling with our 9 & 10 year olds on our FIRST family vacation without the in-laws. It'll be the first cruise for any of us and the first time to the ocean for the kids. We want to RELAX, have fun and just spend some time together. Here are the room numbers I've picked so far. I've checked cruise deck plans, room photos, etc.

Which would you pick?

Cove balcony #2290

Deck #8 8277

Lido deck #10269

I want to be in the middle so we are close to everything! I'm not too worried about noise, mostly about being centrally located.

Were it me I'd say the cove because they are typically a better value, but since you say your priority is being close to everything I'll say Deck 8, which is between the daytime action on the Lido and the nighttime action on the lower decks.

You say you're not too worried about the noise, but if you aren't early risers the Lido deck cabin would slightly worry me. Right near the center elevators (which are the busiest ones) and a lot of people will be heading up there early to save themselves a chair and/or grab breakfast.

But these are minor differences. In reality you'd be happy with any of them I'd think.

Out of those 3, I would choose the lido because I think that being so close to the action is a great feature. But did you look at the location on the map? Are you sure you want to be that close to the atrium elevators? I know you said noise wasn't a huge concern to you, but out of all elevators those are probably going to be the noisiest and most used on the entire ship. Not to mention the atrium is open and noise travels up through it and if there's an atrium party or anything with live music hosted it's going to travel up. If there are cabins a few more away, I would pick one farther down.

We had a similar decision a few weeks back. We went with the cove again. Thought about being close to pools, but realized that we like the location of the cove a lot more. With kids it seems to be a bonus for us. Feeling the water spray on your face sometimes is really cool. Being so close to the pier and talking to the people coming onboard or casting the lines is a unique experience. We like the privacy of the cove for the two of us after kids are worn out for the day. Some dessert from room service and a quiet 30 minutes so close to the water is super relaxing each evening. Upper decks have a great view, coves have a great experience.

Deck 9 has #9239. It looks like it's close to the stairs so we could still get to Lido quickly.

Just a thought, and not at all being nasty, but isn't "quickly" kinda relative? Idk. 3 minutes vs 1 minute? Guess it might be nice to go back to your own bathroom if you're by the pool. Other than that we don't make many trips back and forth once we are out. maybe we've been lucky with no real issue waiting for an elevator.

My other option is 10286, but it looks like it's closer to the pool and only one room away from the bar. Do you think that would be better than the one closer to the elevators?

We stayed in this cabin.

VERY quiet.

Keep in mind, the only people in the halls on this deck are those who have cabins there.

Quiet.....

Also keep in mind, there is a large heavy wooden door to get out of the hallway, and then glass automatic doors to get out to Lido.

The only noise we heard was sitting on the balcony at night if there was a deck party.

Also, port side is great.

yes, very good point JDCML. I am such an over-analyzer/over-planner so sometimes it's hard for me to just make a decision without over thinking it too much. I'm sure we will have a blast no matter what room we pick, so maybe I just need to pull one out of a hat and call it good :)

My other option is 10286, but it looks like it's closer to the pool and only one room away from the bar. Do you think that would be better than the one closer to the elevators?

I think that one would be fine.... Personally I find the cabin hallways in the lido to be relatively quiet. The cabin being close to be bar wouldn't be worrisome to me. There's going to be a large door that separates the cabin hallway from the pool deck and it will keep out noise, weather, etc. I think that location I would choose love the previous lido cabin.