Tips for Spa Treatments

DS and his GF are planning to get a couples massage on the Pride. I have read conflicting posts...does anyone have recent experience regarding whether or not they add the gratuity into the cost automatically. Some posts said 15% is added. Can anyone confirm?

If not, what percent would you tip? Same as in the states? I would normally tip 15% - 20% here. Thanks

If not added...yes that is proper amount in my opinion OP. Once at a more fancy spa I went to in California on land they added it at the desk and informed you at check in they would be doing so......guessed at that moment it was not THAT fancy.

As a massage therapist in private practice who does rehab therapies and non spa services please be aware that on a cruise ship you are only going to get relaxation types of massage. I have had these on cruises before and was very frustrated when they couldn't/ wouldn't address specific complaints. Maybe it was just the therapists I happened to get but I don't know. And the gratuity was added to the price. If you want a truly relaxing experience just let your therapist know ahead of time that you are not interested in her upsell and just want a quiet session. Enjoy! Sometimes there is nothing better for the soul than a purely relaxing experience!!