Mosquito's in Denali: problem or not?

FarmersWife2010

I pack the pre-moistened towelettes with DEET. Works for me.

We ran into mosquitos near Wonder Lake in mid-July. We were on the Kantishna Experience Tour and they handed out mosquito nets to go over your hat/head. Much appreciated!:)

Go armed, but you may not need it. We were in Alaska in July (on a tour all the way to Prudhoe Bay), and didn't need repellent until we were well north of Fairbanks. And then they were brutal in some places...... and not an issue in others....

I may be wrong, but I think I've seen posters saying that the rain/snow totals are low and the real worries in Alaska are about fire danger.... that *might* mean less standing water, and therefore less mosquitoes. Then again.....

As I said. Go armed. And be grateful if you don't need it.....

Just in Denali. We had warm, sunny days the 14, 15 and 16th of May. Mosquitoes were out, but not huge and not heavy. On our hike we had high wind and didn't encounter them. Go prepared because they will only be getting worse. Wipes are easiest to carry and some have deet.

Just in Denali. We had warm, sunny days the 14, 15 and 16th of May. Mosquitoes were out, but not huge and not heavy. On our hike we had high wind and didn't encounter them. Go prepared because they will only be getting worse. Wipes are easiest to carry and some have deet.