Azamara Shuttle in Santorini from Oia to Fira?

Table33

We'll be on Azamara Journey in September, stopping in Santorini on 9/17. Ship stays until 10:00pm, so we hope to watch the sunset in Oia. Can anyone tell me if they know how to find out if Azamara might provide shuttle service after sunset (which is about 7:20pm) from Oia to Fira (where you have to get to in order to catch the cable car down to the tender dock). From my reading, watching sunset in Oia is THE reasons to stay late in Santorini, but getting transport from Oia to Fira after sunset (by bus or taxi) can be "iffy" depending on how many ships are in port. And I know that Azamara states they provide free shuttle service to and from most port communities... so hoping they might provide this service on Santorini!

Sorry, no shuttle service from Oia to Fira. They have an excursion, but I have never sen one after sunset. This is a tender port and the Greeks have regulations and strong unions here. They have to use Greek tenders and they take you to the bottom of Fira which is the starting point for the trail up or the cable cars. If you want to go to Oia from Fira, there is a bus service or you can get a cab.

Thanks for the info -- I suspected there was a local bus -- but I also am aware that free port shuttles is one of the special features that sets Azamara apart from other cruise lines, and hoped that Santorini might be one of the ports where such a service was offered.

Sorry, no. It is usually offered when the dock is not near the center of town itself. It is not offered to get from the port docking City to another City. It is a great feature, and we have found it to be very useful for many of the ports.