Ordering Drinks - UBP

UlsterLad

Hey guys, going on my first cruise on the NCL Jade next year for my honeymoon! Have the UBP due to a promo, just a question about ordering drinks. Can't find it anywhere else having used the search function.

Since it says one drink per guest per transaction does this mean that I woudn't be able to order a drink for my FW and myself at the same time? Or since there's two of us on the package could I order two drinks at a time?

Feel like I've obsessively researched everything I can, so now it's come to making sure my FW's lounger time isn't disturbed!

Feel free to throw in any first time cruise advice as well (what is a day on a cruise actually like?)

Yes you can order them, just be prepared to have both cards with you. BTW... on the ship the bar servers will come to you... you don't have to go up to the bar. Once they are familiar with you after 5 minutes, you'll be well taken care of :)

Another tip for a first timer: What we tend to do on the pool deck is pick a good bar server and arrange it so he/she is our exclusive server while we are in his area or we are where he is working. Usually we give them a little up front tip too and then the server will take excellent care of you all week long.

Edited by cliffd64

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Didn't have a clue that they would do the rounds to make sure everyone is well refreshed!

In terms of food by the pool, what is Topsiders grill like? Can you bring food out to your lounger etc? Feel like I'm not even going to spend that much time at the pool anyway due to ports etc. Is there much pool activity before/after port visits?

Thanks for the info! I was wondering about that too. Now I know I can give DH my card and have him go up for drinks for me :D

Like I said... unless you need a break from your DH ... the servers will come to you directly ... no need to go up to the bar in almost every case. :)

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Didn't have a clue that they would do the rounds to make sure everyone is well refreshed!

In terms of food by the pool, what is Topsiders grill like? Can you bring food out to your lounger etc? Feel like I'm not even going to spend that much time at the pool anyway due to ports etc. Is there much pool activity before/after port visits?

Pool activity depends on your own likes I guess... We usually try to be back by 3:30 or 4 PM (mind you this is in the Carribbean) to listen to the band poolside and have a swim to cool off...

Topsiders has grill food... it's nice and closer than going all the way to the buffet. You may certainly bring food to your lounger.

As other posters said...once they get to know you they let you order 2.. Just have both cards with you just in case but most times they just wanted 1 card. Very easy! Bartenders were great on Gem!!

As other posters said...once they get to know you they let you order 2.. Just have both cards with you just in case but most times they just wanted 1 card. Very easy! Bartenders were great on Gem!!

It also helps the throw a buck or two cash their way when they deliver drinks and get to know them by name. You get way better service. Typically the same servers work the same areas for much of the cruise, so when they see you, they are ready with your cocktails almost immediately. Same hold true with the bartenders. I try to get to know at least one or two, one by the pool and one some where inside. The more they see you the better service/drinks you get.