Wifi options on Liberty of the Seas

I will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas in August and was wondering if anyone has any recent information on their wifi. I paid $120 on my recent Quantum cruise for unlimited wifi on my phone. Is there a similar option for the Liberty or was that exclusive to the Quantum? I want to be able to keep my phone on wifi and use an international messaging app. Thanks!

I will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas in August and was wondering if anyone has any recent information on their wifi. I paid $120 on my recent Quantum cruise for unlimited wifi on my phone. Is there a similar option for the Liberty or was that exclusive to the Quantum? I want to be able to keep my phone on wifi and use an international messaging app. Thanks!

Liberty has unlimited WiFi packages too, though the internet is not nearly as fast as Quantum.

Prices were $15 per day for one device and $20 per day for two devices. However, some people have mentioned fleetwide price increases to $20/$30, so I'm not sure of the Liberty prices now.

I am on Liberty now. Unlimited is $20 per day for 1 device. $15 pre day for 2 devices, Per Device or $30 per day

Thanks for the update, looks like the price increase has hit Liberty too.

I am on Liberty now. Unlimited is $20 per day for 1 device. $15 pre day for 2 devices, Per Device or $30 per day

Thanks for posting.

My understanding is that C&A discounts are applicable, 15% for Platinum I believe ...

Can you confirm that an attempted log-in by a 3rd device will be rejected, rather than booting off one of the 2 connected devices?

IC

We will be on the Liberty a week from today and I've been trying to figure out what the best WiFi package would be best. If you get the 1 device, can you log off your phone and log on with either laptop or tablet?

We will be on the Liberty a week from today and I've been trying to figure out what the best WiFi package would be best. If you get the 1 device, can you log off your phone and log on with either laptop or tablet?

Yes, 1 device means 1 device a a time. You can use any number of devices, just 1 at a time.

• 5 weeks later...
I have been on other ships that sell minutes instead of daily, I don't need to be on it all day. Does Royal sell minutes?

Royal is phasing out minutes. You may find a ship that still sells minutes, but it appears to be a temporary thing.

What is the advantage of purchasing on the ship rather than adding a package through your cell phone service provider?

If you are asking about data, it will be much less expensive using the ship's WiFi.

I am really not sure how much is needed, but it gives date, texts, voice, etc. and seems much less, so I was wondering if I was missing something. I am nto sure how this all works.

You should figure out how much data you would use during the course of the cruise and see if the plan covers it. Verizon can help you determine how much data you use.

Just off Liberty 9 day. If you purchased package for 1 phone when you boarded price was $180. Each day you waited price dropped by $20. Didn't need internet on day 1 as we were still near land. On day 2 used dw's diamond discount for 1 free day. Enrolled at 2pm and was covered for 24 hours until 2pm on day 3. Purchased package on morning of day 4 for remainder of cruise. Paid $100 ($20 x 6 days - my $20 diamond discount). Connection was pretty slow and wifi didn't always work in our deck 8 cabin. Ok for emails though.

Can you confirm that an attempted log-in by a 3rd device will be rejected, rather than booting off one of the 2 connected devices?

IC

A month ago on Navigator, by mistake I tried just that. I was simply given a rejection message saying that two devices were already logged in. Neither of those two were booted off.