Carnival Hub on Sunshine?

KimEadler

I think I remember seeing a date for when the Sunshine will get the Carnival Hub app, but I can't find it now? Does anyone know when the app will be in place on Sunshine? We're cruising on July 5 and I would love to have the app to keep in touch and view all of the activities! I'm so excited!! Anyone have info? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the note...Funny thing is I asked my PVP about the "Hub" and he replied back with the Fun Hub. I too wanted to know about the app...maybe the original thought was correct that the answer is NO.

Dang! I got excited for a minute! I was really hoping that the app would be working for our July 5 cruise. :(

So sorry...I got conflicting info! I called Carnival to switch my cabin for my December cruise and asked the question again. Breeze is the only one currently with it available. They will be rolling it out to "other ships" over "the next 24 months" but there is no further info on which ships or on what schedule.

BOO. That was something pretty cool about our November cruise on NCL.

With the recent refurb of Sunshine I'm surprised they didnt add it. Fingers crossed for that one...cuz I'm not holding out hope they do it for the Victory in August. *Shrugs*

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updates from recent cruises? Saw in Carnival News today that it will be added to five more ships by year end and fleet wide by 2016. However the five ships this year weren't named.

Edited by Texbam

I hope they have it ready for the Sunshine by Feb.! I looked yesterday in the app store and saw BREEZE HUB as the only choice. I guess each ship will have its own app to download just wish they would use actual dates. Instead of by the end of the year.

I guess they don't want guest expecting it by a set day and then not having it. Many know how flexible construction deadlines are I guess they want to protect themselves from that by saying end of the year.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I hope they have it ready for the Sunshine by Feb.! I looked yesterday in the app store and saw BREEZE HUB as the only choice. I guess each ship will have its own app to download just wish they would use actual dates. Instead of by the end of the year.

I guess they don't want guest expecting it by a set day and then not having it. Many know how flexible construction deadlines are I guess they want to protect themselves from that by saying end of the year.

I just downloaded the app and it is already available on the Sunshine. :)

Jaime Dee said on her page it will be available starting with the October 23rd sailing.

I can confirm that it is on the Sunshine. I was on board for the Nov 8th sailing and used it. It was great. You could favorite what you wanted to do on the fun times, and your phone could alert you. You could also see how many other people were going to the same event - though I don't think anyone knew about the hub app. It was great to see the upcoming events for the next days as well without having to wait for the funtimes every night.

• 1 month later...
If the app is free to download, when and how do you pay the $5 for the chat feature?

Yes the app is free. Once onboard you activate it and the $5 is charged to,your account.

Please note that it is $5 per person not per account, which I only discovered when I checked my online account.

The $5 dollars is purely for the chat part. The app and use of it is totally free.

It was just me and my wife on our cruise, but we got the app so we could keep in touch. I wake very early and so would get up, grab a coffee from the Lido and then sit on the top deck reading until she woke up. The idea was she could send me message when she was awake and ready for a cup of tea bringing to the stateroom. To be honest we didn't use it enough to justify the price, but I am bigger parties, particularly with kids would get more use out of it.

Previously, Carnival had a schedule for the rollout of Carnival Hub on other ships:

The HUB App is currently on the Carnival Breeze and Carnival Sunshine. It will be available on the following ships (dates subject to change): Carnival Freedom (11/16/15), Carnival Conquest (12/05/15) and Carnival Glory (12/06/15). The rest of the fleet will roll out during 2016. The Carnival Vista will launch with the HUB App.

It doesn't show any schedule on the Carnival site anymore though, and they have fallen behind the above posted schedule. (Which is presumably why they no longer show a schedule) Conquest and Glory did not get it in the beginning of December like they planned. But in mid-December I read a post here saying the Glory had it available in beta-test mode for free. The next week Glory was listed as one of the supported ships on the app.

That gave me high hopes that Conquest would have it by next week when I sail on her. But so far, nothing. :( I can still hope that it's in beta testing this week and be available next week, or that it will be in beta testing next week, or that when I'm onboard and click the "I'm aboard, log me in!" button it will work if they just haven't updated the app yet to shop Conquest is now supported. But those chances seem more of a longshot now.

The app says it's now on Breeze, Freedom, Glory, and Sunshine.

Edited by Earthworm Jim

The $5 dollars is purely for the chat part. The app and use of it is totally free.

It was just me and my wife on our cruise, but we got the app so we could keep in touch. I wake very early and so would get up, grab a coffee from the Lido and then sit on the top deck reading until she woke up. The idea was she could send me message when she was awake and ready for a cup of tea bringing to the stateroom. To be honest we didn't use it enough to justify the price, but I am bigger parties, particularly with kids would get more use out of it.

My husband still has a flip phone :rolleyes: and has never ever sent me a text message, my guess is he's not changing that anytime soon, even on a cruise:p

• 2 months later...

We just used the chat feature last week on Sunshine. It was probably 75% reliable. Often, when my husband would send me a text, I would get it at least a dozen times. Once it came over 34 times. :p Better than not getting it at all, I suppose. But it was nice to be able to review our folio, see ships time, what activities are happening and when and where.