excurision suggestions on Enchantment

ntsurf

We will be cruising on the Enchantment Thanksgiving week with our 2 daughters, 9 and 11. We are beach loving family and the only excursion they have asked to do is to spend time on a beach.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a beach to do on our own either in Cozumel or Belize? At this age, the big party scenes are definitely out. Blue water and white sand are in--can't wait to see if anyone has any ideas.

ntsurf..... We were in Cozumel during Spring Break 05. My girls were then 8 and 12.

We spent the day at a 5 Star All inclusive resort.

http://www.grandcozumel.com

It was $50. per adult. $25.00 per child. This is a day pass rate. They will not advertise a day pass....but if you contact them via email, they will confirm that they sell them.

It is a very nice hotel. Two lovely and large pools. (you can see it all on the site)

Since we were there in March 05, I believe there may have been some hurricane damage...so check that out.

The beach was short....but the water is....well, beautiful. Amazingly blue.

About a 15 minute taxi ride from the ship.

I have further information in my review of the cruise. I'll try to find it for you and post the link.

ps. We were also on the Enchantment this past July. A beautiful ship.

oh....WELCOME to Cruise Critic !

Cozumel has awesome snorkeling, plenty of beaches to choose from.

When I was in Belize in April, we took my son to the sanctuary (zoo) it was incredible. Very natural setting, gravel paths, all animals are native to belize, not commercialized at all (no vending machines, balloon stands set up)

Have fun!!!

In Cozumel you can take a taxi to Paradise Beach. They have lots of beach chairs and umbrellas and for $5 pp. you can use the water toys: floats, a climbing iceberg and other things.

Also, highly recommended is Chankannab National Park. You can take a taxi here, too. It has great snorkeling, also.

Here is a web site where you can get pictures and information on all the beaches: http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived