Cheers Program

It's been 5 years since sailing on the Dream. They didn't offer the Cheers program then.

Would you say it's worth the price per day per person? There are two adults in room. I do enjoy my morning mimosa's and drinks as does my husband.

Average cost of drinks if purchased?

Thanks for the help......

We cruise in 255 days!!!

you're the only one that can answer that, because it depends on how much you drink... you've stated you do enjoy your mimosas and drinks, as does your husband - so then it might be a good deal for you!

you need about 5-8 drinks per day to hit the 'break even' point depending on what you drink. without listing everything, consider that beer is typically 5-6 + tip, house wine 6+ and tip, rum shot / mixed drink 5-6 + tip, carnival classic cocktails like mojito, LIT etc 8.95 + tip, etc.

if you're starting with mimosas in the AM, which i then infer means you'll continue to drink through the day, it probably will be a good deal for you... the likes of mimosas in the am, 2 drinks by the pool, a pre-dinner cocktail, wine with dinner, a drink at a show, a few drinks after the show - that's really not a lot when spread out over the day but it add$ up, and in that case, cheers will probably work for you.

note cheers allows up to 15 drinks per day (and that's a hard cut-off)... so assuming you hit your break-even point, everything else is a bonus and cost savings.

For me, it would be hard to make it worth it if we do not have more than 2 days at sea. The ports, we tend to do all inclusive excursions and only drink 3-4 drinks on the ship that day. My husband only drinks beer, so, we won't be doing it on any of our upcoming cruises. I could probably drink enough Martini's, Margaritas and Tequila Sunrises to make it worth it but I wouldn't if I did not have Cheers.

It depends on how much you'll drink if it's worth it or not but for me it definitely is. On sea days I get well above what $50 would get me- couple mimosas at breakfast, a few fruity drinks by the pool, wine as I get ready for dinner, a couple glasses of wine at dinner, & a drink before bed = way more than $50. I probably drink about $50 worth on port days with my mimosas before getting off, drinks at dinner, and one or two more behind bed.

So it just depends on how much the two of you would drink...