Luggage question for Holland cruise tours

travgurl

We will be going on a cruise tour with Holland in July. I have a question in regards to luggage. We are planning to take a 24 inch carry on, plus a backpack for each person for the land portion of the trip and hopefully just 1 larger suitcase that will be sent on ahead to the ship. Will this be acceptable traveling for the trip? Thanks

Depending on which cruisetour you are doing, luggage can be handled differently. We left Skagway and started up to the Yukon for 8 days on land. Our luggage traveled with us on the coach and only upon reaching Fairbanks did we get the different tags for "meet me in Anchorage". The coach has ample room, but the train to Denali does not have much room between the seats at all. You will be really cramped if you keep your backpack with you. We used the small canvas totes (I'd say maybe12"x15") that HAL gave us on the ship as our day pack. We had our 21" carry-ons put below in the luggage compartment.

Once you get your documents, all should be explained in detail.

We have just returned from a 10 day land tour/four day cruise with HAL. When we arrived in Anchorage we were givien "Join Me Tonight" tags and tags for the various hotels to put on as needed. You could also send a bag directly to the ship if you wanted.

We had two regular sized suitcases and a carry-on from the plane which was fine. I had packed a small nylon gym bag in one of the suitcases and that became our daily carry-on for medications, snacks, binoculars etc. It fit easily into the overhead bin on the coach or it was fine at my feet on the train.

Sometimes our luggage travelled with us on the coach. At other times (eg to Denali) it went by a separate truck. There were no difficulties wih our luggage on our flight from Fairbanks to Dawson City.