Saigon Port info

cbb

We're on RTW16 on Insignia. Does anyone know what port O uses for Saigon?

I'm also interested in any website, other than "whatsinport.com" for ships calendars. I've tried a couple but they either are old info or they don't give enough info.

Thanks!

In March of this year Insignia was docked at Nha Rong Terminal overnight. We arrived a bit before noon and left at 4pm the following day.

Have you tried cruisett.com?

Hope this helps,

Sella

thanks sellavee for the saigon port info for this year.

Yes, i'd tried cruisett.com but all it says is that insignia is in port 3/22 &3/23 but doesn't tell me WHICH port in saigon and research indicates that there are 3 possibilities.

thanks for the info. I enjoyed your reviews and cut & pasted them into a "dump document" for our rtw16 trip. c

thanks sellavee for the saigon port info for this year.

Yes, i'd tried cruisett.com but all it says is that insignia is in port 3/22 &3/23 but doesn't tell me WHICH port in saigon and research indicates that there are 3 possibilities.

thanks for the info. I enjoyed your reviews and cut & pasted them into a "dump document" for our rtw16 trip. c

This usually freaks out the type A personalities (and I include myself there) who organize private tours, but it honestly isn't worth stressing over which port area the ship is scheduled to dock in. The Guides don't get paid unless they collect you, so they ALWAYS find you.

The port schedules change with the wind, and the Guides and Drivers know how quixotic the docking is, so they check every fact every day before leaving home.

The general tenor of your Touring Day needn't change, but scheduling the day too tightly based on one Port location or another is a recipe for frustration.

It is a good idea, however, to ask your Guide to have a few "close to the port areas" time filling options up his sleeve.

Every so often, the gods smile and predicted traffic does not materialize. :D, and even though a visit to a Noodle Shop might not have been on your radar before, it will make a better story for the folks at home than saying that you got back to the Ship before Waves closed. :p;)

Since we overnighted in Saigon, we did the Mekong Delta the first day and the city tour the next. This way we did not have to worry about getting back to the ship on time the second day. The drive to the Delta takes a fair amount of time due to traffic.

So this is the dilemma: we're on the rtw16 and have reserved an "overland" which takes us to Angkor Wat from Sik to HCMC.

If the schedule is close to being accurate we will arrive in HCMC, somewhere in early afternoon the 1st day in port.

We do not want to retreat to the cabin upon our return from the Overland so we are trying to figure out how we can diy some of Saigon that 1st afternoon.

If we could figure out which port we were in, then we could figure out taxi, walking, etc. We just want to wander and if we happen by cool stuff that's even better. We do have a tour planned for Day 2.

We tend to acquire Type A personalities when traveling so what we'll probably resort to is planning diy from all 3 ports for Day 1!

Fortunately, we also are able to just roll with whatever comes on the actual day having done our homework! We don't freak if our plans for diy fail.

thanks everyone for your advice and info! c