Wheelchair lift van hire in puerto coasta maya, Aruba, bonnaire, curacao

evc

We are cruising to puerto costa maya, Aruba, curaçao,and bonnaire with about 10 family members. One is full time user of a power wheelchair. I'm looking for places to hire private vans with a wheelchair lift at our stops. Any suggestions? We've hired private vans before in Cozumel, San Juan, and Barbados and find it's more economical than using the ship's excursions, although those excursions are always good.

Thanks,

Evc

Aruba: I found two sources, but do not know anything about either one. Both quoted the same price for going to the Ostrich Farm, which I thought was a little pricey.

aruba@arubadisabledservice.com

Litelifemedicab@hotmail.com

Do not have suggestions for any of the other ports. Maybe someone else can offer something.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

We are cruising to puerto costa maya, Aruba, curaçao,and bonnaire with about 10 family members. One is full time user of a power wheelchair. I'm looking for places to hire private vans with a wheelchair lift at our stops. Any suggestions? We've hired private vans before in Cozumel, San Juan, and Barbados and find it's more economical than using the ship's excursions, although those excursions are always good.

Thanks,

Evc

Would you mind providing contact info for the company you used in Barbados. TIA

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Unfortunately, we lost the business card of the driver we had in Barbados. We didn't arrange the tour in advance--she just happened to be at the taxi stand when we were there. The only info I have is that her name is Jenny. She was well known at the taxi stand as having a lift van.

I'm sorry I don't have more info--Jenny did a great tour for us and we really liked her.

Thanks,

Evc

I used this company last March, very good!

http://www.suntoursbarbados.com

• 2 weeks later...

In many of these ports, you can just walk off the ship and see quite a bit on foot (or wheels). Costa Maya is basically the ship's onshore resort and we were heavily discouraged from taking any private tours there. We ignored that and rolled down the road a ways to find a fabulous beach. I'm not really recommending that for everyone, but it was fun for us. Aruba generally docks right downtown and if you are interested in shopping, you are right there. There are also some nearby beaches. I wish that I knew of wheelchair vans but I use a collapsible scooter so we were able to use taxis.

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Unfortunately, we lost the business card of the driver we had in Barbados. We didn't arrange the tour in advance--she just happened to be at the taxi stand when we were there. The only info I have is that her name is Jenny. She was well known at the taxi stand as having a lift van.

I'm sorry I don't have more info--Jenny did a great tour for us and we really liked her.

I don't know if she is still there, as it was in 2011 when I contacted her, but this was her email address: jennygibson5@msn.com and she was doing business as Jenny's Taxi & Shuttle. I can't locate her website. Good luck. What year did evc use her?