'PICK YOUR PERK' DEAL EXPIRING 31 MAY - Can anyone answer these questions please?

Trilee

I've just noticed the 'Pick Your Perk' offer which expires at midnight tonight (31 May). One of the options is free Classic Drinks Package!

We're booked on the Celebrity Solstice in Nov, Aqua Class, almost fully paid. We haven't yet paid for our Premium Drinks Package.

I'd like to re-book online before midnight using the 'Pick Your Perk' deal ($800 deposit now), then when the Celebrity Office opens in the morning, ring them and cancel the original booking, transfer the monies to the new booking (Pick Your Perk) BUT still retain our original Aqua Stateroom number, as it's in a great location. We'd then pay for an upgrade to Premium Drinks Package.

Unfortunately, by the time their office opens the offer will have expired so I can't ask them if this is possible without losing any deposit, or paying a fee.

If I pay the $800 deposit now with the new booking is it fully refundable tomorrow if everything goes pear-shaped, or is my original booking fully refundable? I understood that, with our existing booking, we would only start to pay cancellation fees AFTER 28 June ($800/$400 pp). :confused:

I'm guessing the "Courtesy 24 hour hold" on-line doesn't count as a booking and therefore the offer will have expired.

(Even the cruise ticket itself is cheaper than what we paid when we booked on line a couple of months ago by $235 per ticket!)

Hoping some of you more experienced cruisers can help. This is our first cruise so we are not very savvy when it comes to these little perks and tricks of the trade! Thanks for any advice offered. :)

Edited by Trilee

It's worth pointing out that this question comes from Australia; in general, Celebrity are far less flexible when dealing with non-US customers, so probably only experiences with Celebrity Australia are valid indicators.

Stuart

Generally a booking on courtesy hold counts as a proper booking so it should be eligible for the promotion but I would probably make the other booking to be sure. I have booked direct with Celebrity before and had to cancel for various reasons and have always received my deposit back as long as it is within the time frame. If you book through a TA they may have their own cancellation fees but not Celebrity. Enjoy your cruise.

This is why I no longer use a TA. Weekend deals and changes at last minute have a better chance for solution than when you go thru a third person,especially on a weekend or holiday. Every once in a while a TA will give you something that X cannot and then do it with the TA. Each has its own value. This one of the disadvantages of a TA. Many advantages also.