Inside "Cabin Dweller" does a balcony

So this "Inside Cabin Dweller" tried the balcony. We did a 5N to Bermuda in September and 12N to Southern Caribbean, both in a D8. The 5N to Bermuda, I used it the most taking some video during TS Hermine. Bermuda itself was just to HOT to spend any time on it. All told, less than an hour.

Figured we would give the 12N a whirl in December, when it was not at hot looking for better usage. All totaled, probably not more than 2-3 hrs for entire trip. Did spend some time during a couple of port stops and some afternoon reading. Had full intentions going to DL and bringing coffee back in the mornings, but never really made it back as we always ended up staying in the DL or going right to breakfast.

It was a nice view most days, but we were always out and about the ship or ports until late to actually sit out there and use it. Downside was the noise from the wind. Ambient light was also an issue as we are used to the "cave like darkness" from an inside. DW only gets to sleep in when we are cruising. The darkness allows her to sleep later in the morning.

It was nice, but we just didn't get all the hype of "once you go balcony, you will never go back". YMMV. It was worth checking out, but now we know - balconies are just not for us. Today we got home and we moved our balcony to Canada-N/E back to an inside and pocked the $450 savings for another cruise.

Wow...I wish I could find these kind of deals!!

I must always be booking and looking at the wrong ships...my price has gone up with the "new promo" and if I want a balcony it almost doubles my cost for the cruise....

I know what you mean, I upgraded from a D3 balcony to a JS mostly b/c had never done any sort of suite before. 400 more for 5 night cruise seemed like a good deal but sometimes I hear about free upgrades balcony to JS or inside to balcony for less than 200, wow.

I may book inside next time only b/c haven't done one in years and maybe could try to snag a deal more for the sport of it. ;)