Scandinavia and Russia Cruise - Currency Questions

I keep reading threads like this or reports from cruisers who say "I just paid everything in dollars" and I admit I am beginning to worry that doing this on a cruise may have been a big error.

I have traveled a lot and always make every effort to fit in wherever I am and be respectful of local customs etc..... Just yesterday I added a scarf to my packing list because my Russian friend told me local women feel it's "Respectful" to cover your head in churches.

Yes, there are places in the world where the dollar is the 'defacto' currency for various reasons. (I went to Turkey when it was experiencing hyper inflation and they wanted dollars then because it was "safe"), but most European countries don't fit that mode.

I guess this is normal for a cruise, but it's kind of shocking to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Holly2. We have already scheduled transfers from the airport to hotel in Cooenhagen, from the hotel to the ship, and from the ship back to the airport but that was all in the cost of our trip so I can't round up. Should I get Danish Krone and give the driver a couple of Krone?

Did you schedule these transfers thru the cruise line or independently?