Danube River Levels

seatrial

I am going on my first river cruise in about three weeks. I have been watching the Danube river levels using the RiverCruiseInfo app. Though the app does a great job of indicating the river levels, it does not indicate what levels are considered too high or too low for "normal" passage at a particular location. Does anyone have access to this sort of information? It does appear now that the Danube is falling and hopefully it won't go too low this summer.

Thanks.

Hi, I tried to gather information about official warning levels from all european agencies, but the feedback was close to nothing. So I just use simple boxplots charts to see if a level is in the upper or lower quartiles for this month / overall, use it here: http://rivercruiseinfo.com/content/river-levels. I will include it in the app later this year, but have a lot of work to do as main season started :)

Just finished Budapest - Nuremberg and there were no issues at all with water levels.

The only time the sun deck was out of use was for some of the locks with low barriers on the upstream end - and that might only have been once into the Main-Danube canal.

In Vienna now and no problem with water levels.

Just finished Budapest - Nuremberg and there were no issues at all with water levels.

Thanks for those updates. Sounds good!