New promo!! So mad!!

ahamill

I just checked a Nov cruise we have booked, before the current offers. Yep. I can cancel and rebook and now get an UBP promo. But...the new prices for our level cabin is $500 more than I've paid.....and back when I booked originally I got a $200 OBC with it. So for those disappointed with the occasional price drop that they can't get now, I've found that more often prices go up...even with what seems to be a better offer.

Very true. My Nov cruise has gone up $1k!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Sorry I was talking about the OP. They share negativity, get it wrong and then don't come back to the post.

How did I share negativity? I am upset that I didn't get the new promo, it's not negative, it's a natural reaction called disappointment, it's no fault to NCL at all.

What did I get wrong?

I was just looking to see if others have had experiences with being able to switch promos, that's all.

If I can switch, great! If not, I know I will still have a great cruise.

I'm not sure what spin you're putting on the other cruiselines boards, but, it exists on them all. I tend to read each board based on the next line I happen to be cruising on. Each and every time there are roughly the same 10 folks (particular to that specific board) who feel the need to challenge everyone else's opinion. To lump everyone on the NCL board as totally negative and without merit in their advice is not a fair assumption. Especially the last few months. Any time there is change at the very top of the chain, there are going to be changes to the product and discontent with those changes. Every cruise line and subsequently the corresponding board has gone through this.

This puts words in my mouth, I'm not lumping everyone on the NCL board as being totally negative and without merit. What I am saying is that this board does have a relatively large number of people who are complaining and crying even after they have been corrected. It is deliberate actions to stir the pot. Many of them proclaim that you should not cruise on NCL.

Let's just say that I have seen many of the same tactics used on investment boards and NCL has a large number of people shorting the stock right now. Yes, I would take this and other public boards for that matter with a grain of salt.

CC is a great place to get facts, when you venture into opinion (sometimes it isn't easy to see which is which) you should always take it with a grain of salt.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions only, I have no vested interest in NCL stock, neither short or long. For investment advice always seek a professional.

How did I share negativity? I am upset that I didn't get the new promo, it's not negative, it's a natural reaction called disappointment, it's no fault to NCL at all.

What did I get wrong?

I was just looking to see if others have had experiences with being able to switch promos, that's all.

If I can switch, great! If not, I know I will still have a great cruise.

Well first you didn't come back until now. Second you started your post "I had a feeling this would happen" so I am assuming you mean that they would change promos but it could be construed that you feel that NCL would be of no help to you. This comes across again the statement "...and of course no luck." You are not stating whether you are inside the final payment window or not so it appears that NCL won't work with their customers. If it is inside the final payment window it is doubtful any cruise line will make changes to promos.

While your post could be entirely innocent it could also be viewed as NCL was unhelpful, uncooperative and since you had a feeling this would happen that they have not helped you before this event.

If you have been misjudged, my sincere apologies. I do think there are some on these boards with ulterior motives though.

Well first you didn't come back until now. Second you started your post "I had a feeling this would happen" so I am assuming you mean that they would change promos but it could be construed that you feel that NCL would be of no help to you. This comes across again the statement "...and of course no luck." You are not stating whether you are inside the final payment window or not so it appears that NCL won't work with their customers. If it is inside the final payment window it is doubtful any cruise line will make changes to promos.

While your post could be entirely innocent it could also be viewed as NCL was unhelpful, uncooperative and since you had a feeling this would happen that they have not helped you before this event.

If you have been misjudged, my sincere apologies. I do think there are some on these boards with ulterior motives though.

You do realize you are attacking this poor girl (or guy), picking apart her posts, and thus placing yourself in the category you protest.

I do realize that by pointing this out to you I place myself in the same category, but I didn't complain about it.

You do realize you are attacking this poor girl (or guy), picking apart her posts, and thus placing yourself in the category you protest.

I do realize that by pointing this out to you I place myself in the same category, but I didn't complain about it.

Not at all and I apologized if I was wrong. She asked what she had done and I told her why I felt that way. It really isn't personal toward this poster but a general observation of the NCL boards.

If you have a Haven and all the other promos you should feel fortunate. I am sure if you can afford Haven you can afford to purchace the UBP other wise your only other choice to save the money on UBP is to try and switch and risk losing the room. I dont know if your the gambling type but some would and some would not.

Yeah, you mis-read and mis-judged, no worries though. I said I knew this would happen, basically pointing out my bad luck. I Have never dealt with Norwegian before booking this cruise. They are simply following their policies and I respect that.

We are within the final payment and I am not a seasoned enough cruiser to know all the details and policies. Now, I am in the know!

It is what it is, we are still as excited as ever and it will be great! No fault to NCL at all and I apologize if it came across that way.

Oh, and the reason I have been off the thread......I have two kids, ages 2 and 5 and it has been raining all week. I've been busy entertaining the little people and have had no time to myself!:mad: That's what the cruise is for.........and, why I need the UBP!:D

Yeah, you mis-read and mis-judged, no worries though. I said I knew this would happen, basically pointing out my bad luck. I Have never dealt with Norwegian before booking this cruise. They are simply following their policies and I respect that.

We are within the final payment and I am not a seasoned enough cruiser to know all the details and policies. Now, I am in the know!

It is what it is, we are still as excited as ever and it will be great! No fault to NCL at all and I apologize if it came across that way.

Oh, and the reason I have been off the thread......I have two kids, ages 2 and 5 and it has been raining all week. I've been busy entertaining the little people and have had no time to myself!:mad: That's what the cruise is for.........and, why I need the UBP!:D

Understood, I have been getting a bit touchy with all the arguing around the boards. I am sorry. Please enjoy your cruise.

This puts words in my mouth, I'm not lumping everyone on the NCL board as being totally negative and without merit. What I am saying is that this board does have a relatively large number of people who are complaining and crying even after they have been corrected. It is deliberate actions to stir the pot. Many of them proclaim that you should not cruise on NCL.

Let's just say that I have seen many of the same tactics used on investment boards and NCL has a large number of people shorting the stock right now. Yes, I would take this and other public boards for that matter with a grain of salt.

CC is a great place to get facts, when you venture into opinion (sometimes it isn't easy to see which is which) you should always take it with a grain of salt.

Disclaimer: These are my opinions only, I have no vested interest in NCL stock, neither short or long. For investment advice always seek a professional.

I appreciate you coming back and clarifying your comments. The statement "...amazed at all the negativity", to me, implied all, not 'some'. And in that same regard "...especially the NCL board" also implied to me that this board was lacking any merit at all.

Sometimes what we type does not come across at all how we intended.