Pride of America Picture Review May 23, 2015

cyndepet

Wonderful review. I enjoyed your pictures. Did you use your cell phone for all the pictures you posted on this review?

Yes indeed, just my handy iPhone. I bought Olloclip lenses to use with my phone and forget to pack them :-(

Haha, no, that's bacon and eggs. Although they'd eat it just as well as if it were ketchup. These dogs will eat anything!

Even if you don't have a port side cabin, there are plenty of great spots on the open decks for viewing. I don't want anybody to feel bad if they already have a starboard cabin :-)

That is a pair of well trainined boys you have there. My one boy would not be nearly as patient as to permit a photo op prior to imbibing.

We have one of the starboard suites and did move from a port-side cabin simply due to the benefits of the suite (space & benes) provided over the balcony alternative.

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Your pictures are amazing!!!

We sail on the POA on June 27, 2015 and can't wait. We'll have our 13 year old granddaughter with us. Should make for a great cruise.

We are staying a couple of days in Honolulu prior to sailing. Planned a tour to the Arizona Memorial and barracks with Home of the Brave Tours. It is good to know that a bus or cab ride to Diamond Head is the way to go.

Your itinerary on the islands gave me ideas for our self guided tour of Maui.

Again, thanks for sharing your cruise.

Thank you for your great review. We are doing this cruise next March & also have a late flight home. Was it thru NCL that you booked your last day Pearl Harbor tour?

Yes, we booked this through NCL. They also offer a tour with hotel drop off. But I think it would be easy enough to do it on your own if you could drop your bags at a hotel first!

That is a pair of well trainined boys you have there. My one boy would not be nearly as patient as to permit a photo op prior to imbibing.

We have one of the starboard suites and did move from a port-side cabin simply due to the benefits of the suite (space & benes) provided over the balcony alternative.

Thanks - these 2 guys do great stays. But the puppy is still a terror otherwise!

If I had a choice of a starboard suite or a regular balcony port side, I'd take the suite in a heartbeat. For the 1/2 hour sail-by, there's plenty of deck space available!

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Your pictures are amazing!!!

We sail on the POA on June 27, 2015 and can't wait. We'll have our 13 year old granddaughter with us. Should make for a great cruise.

We are staying a couple of days in Honolulu prior to sailing. Planned a tour to the Arizona Memorial and barracks with Home of the Brave Tours. It is good to know that a bus or cab ride to Diamond Head is the way to go.

Your itinerary on the islands gave me ideas for our self guided tour of Maui.

Again, thanks for sharing your cruise.

Your granddaughter is a lucky girl! Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!

This is a great pictorial review, looking forward to my trip next May!

As a side note, it was interesting that you mentioned your DH finding the bison rough. Had the bison strip at Cagney's when we were on the Gem in April and I was really disappointed as well.

I told my DH he should have sent it back, but he helped me eat my dinner that night anyway! I don't think I've ever ready anything positive about the bison. I hear it's good in burger form though!

Thanks for posting! Such a great and informative review! Your pictures were wonderful! So glad you had such a lovely time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for reading and glad you enjoyed the pics :-)

thank you, thank you ,THANK YOU for sharing.:)

I can hardly wait until our first cruise , Sept is coming up first.

I hope we like Hawaii as much as you.

You are very welcome, and yes, Sept will be here before you know it!

We're watching Jurassic Falls right now, and when we got to the shot of the waterfall, I realized that I don't think I posted a picture of that!

Blue Hawaii doesn't do a landing here - it's actually called Mana Waiapuna, but you will get a great view.

17883444164_a123bb6971_c.jpg

I told my DH he should have sent it back, but he helped me eat my dinner that night anyway! I don't think I've ever ready anything positive about the bison. I hear it's good in burger form though!

Bison burgers are very good, if cooked correctly. There is a restaurant/bar about an hour from us where they serve them and they are juicy and full of flavor!

Aloha, enjoyed your review. Felt like I was looking at many of our pictures as my wife & I cruised the POA on May 9th. We visited many of the same places, just beautiful, wasn't it? A trip of a lifetime. Can I ask you one question? We to had a suite also on the 13th deck. Just wondered what you impression was of your butler? I see earlier in your review you commented you liked him. Was he available when you called him for something? Ours was spotty, sometimes not available or on duty. Never had an issue with getting something we called for though, always a replacement available. Mahalo!

Aloha, enjoyed your review. Felt like I was looking at many of our pictures as my wife & I cruised the POA on May 9th. We visited many of the same places, just beautiful, wasn't it? A trip of a lifetime. Can I ask you one question? We to had a suite also on the 13th deck. Just wondered what you impression was of your butler? I see earlier in your review you commented you liked him. Was he available when you called him for something? Ours was spotty, sometimes not available or on duty. Never had an issue with getting something we called for though, always a replacement available. Mahalo!

We didn't normally call our butler (Jose) for anything. We left notes for him and everything was taken care of! The one time we called him after I messed up something on the coffee machine. He was there within 5 minutes! We would see him often in the afternoon around deck 13. So for us, everything was great :-)

We didn't normally call our butler (Jose) for anything. We left notes for him and everything was taken care of! The one time we called him after I messed up something on the coffee machine. He was there within 5 minutes! We would see him often in the afternoon around deck 13. So for us, everything was great :-)

Thanks for the reply. We didn't meet our butler until Monday afternoon of the cruise and only saw her about 3 to 4 times during the week. Her intentions seemed genuine, offering her services when we saw her. Daily afternoon snacks were always delivered and the coffee machine was always cleaned up, so we figured she was there while we were out during the day. Just not what I expected from reading reviews here. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to the Dawn in April. Aloha

Golfjunkey- Did you do any golf in Hawaii? Did the POA offer any golf excursions. If you have any golf info could you email me lfearnley@snet.net Thanks

I did not play any golf while in Hawaii. This vacation was our 30th anniversary dream trip. We saw some beautiful courses in our travels, but only from a far. One of the coolest ones was as we approached the port in Kauai, right along the shore. The cliffs were beautiful. I attached a picture of the green area. (My first attempt at posting a picture. How did get such nice large photos in you message?) The POA did offer golf excursions at every port. Sorry but I have no info to provide.

753483071_DSC00600resize.jpg.d398ced3f91ba335030262ec685a92c9.jpg

• 1 month later...