Constellation in drydock?

cmj

I too am sailing on connie on october 11th. No problem with that. I do know that connie will be going into dry dock after we return and then it sails to Puerto Rico for caribbean cruises for the summer. I know this because i called celebrity last month and asked where it was going after returning to new york on the 24th.

Join us on the boards with our New England/Canada Oct.11th

We, too, will be joining you on the October 11th cruise to Canada. We just booked today and are glad to see others on the boards. Is there a separate posting for this cruise? I couldn't find it.

When we were on Constellation a few weeks ago, Michael Thomas (Entertainment Director for Celebrity) told us that the Reflections Disco was going to be totally overhauled to be a Cirque du Soleil venue.

Has anyone got info as to whether the 2005 itinary is going to add St. Lucia and St. Martin and dropping DR and Grenada?

2005 Constellation

2004 Tahitian Princess

1999 Sun Princess

1994 Horizon

1989 Caribe

1985 Southward

hello Nitrodog: Your Back! Celebrity e-mailed a response to my questions and as of today, no change to original itenerary ie it's Grenada and DR. Hope all is well

1/05 Constellation

2004 Tahitian Princess

2002 zuiderdam

2001 millenium

1993 regent sea

1986 emerald sea

1981 sun viking

1971 jason

1969 carla c

• 3 months later...

We are scheduled on the Connie for November 6th out of San Juan. With this talk of Connie in drydock during the fall I am now a bit nervous. We have never cruised before and so we are very new to the cruising world. Please tell me there is not a chance that Celebrity would cancel a sailing this soon before a cruise? :confused:

It is a scheduled dry dock. Repaint, retool for Cirque de Soleil, upgrade of the pods and do any other service that may be needed, carpeting furniture that sort of thing. X is very concerned with the condition of their ships and schedules dry dock for each ship every other year.

Don't worry about cruising before or after. If you cruise before, the crew is happy as they are going to get a weeks vacation. If you cruise after, they are well rested. HAVE FUN

I have a favor to ask all of you sailing on Oct.11th. I am looking for a great table for 2 if you could find one and then give me the table number when you get back I would greatly appreciate it!! icon_biggrin.gif

I have an old map of the Constellation dining room...these are sometimes reconfigured to accommodate larger groups; however the following would be nice tables for two

deck 5

532, 537, 544, 549 - overlooking railing and seating below

509, 516, 530, 527 - aft by a side window

deck 4

413, 437, 424, 444 - aft side window

even numbers are on the starboard side, odd on port side

hope that helps

Nancy

Archived