Viator

lovetotraveltx

I have used Viator dot com all over the World. They are a third party vendor, the don't actually run the tours, they book with the local vendors. But I liked the fact of booking in English in U.S. $ in advance of travel. You receive a voucher and take that with you on your trip.

Only one time did I have a problem and that was my fault. I was looking at their hotel listing for transfer from FCO to Rome hotel. I thought my hotel name was on their list, but upon further checking it wasn't. I called and explained what had happened, the rep put me on hold, came back and said she had checked with the vendor and they could accommodate my hotel.

I always check their site to see what is available in any location I'm going to. I don't always book with them, but they are a good source as well as the ship excursions, to see what is available at what rate.

Have fun planning, then taking your trip.

I left you a message on the Canada board re using them for the Vancouver Trolley. I have used them elsewhere and as long as you realize that they are merely a broker of other peoples tours they are fine. Just watch as you go thru their various screens as they sometime throw little adjustments and hooks into the mix particularly when booking for a certain date.

I have used Viator dot com all over the World. They are a third party vendor, the don't actually run the tours, they book with the local vendors. But I liked the fact of booking in English in U.S. $ in advance of travel. You receive a voucher and take that with you on your trip.

I can kind of understand that, if you are travelling to a foreign country, but you can book excursion in Alaska directly with the vendor, in English using US $. Why use a middle man?

I can kind of understand that, if you are travelling to a foreign country, but you can book excursion in Alaska directly with the vendor, in English using US $. Why use a middle man?

Well curiously the OP has asked about the Vancouver Trolley on another forum and Viator's price is half the rack rate of Vancouver Trolley....so that makes it rather compelling in that case. That said, while I have used Viator before I sometimes just give up in disgust when they advertise one price and then when you get into to it you find a "bait and switch" scenario.