Carnival pride steakhouse

NJEMT29

We prefer to dine in David's on the first night of the cruise - primarily because the MDR menu for the first night is our least favorite and also - unless policy has changed you receive a free bottle of wine with your meal - not the greatest wine in the world - but free.

Don't know about the formal nights out of Baltimore.

What night is the formal nights on the seven day cruise on the Carnival pride?

What nights are the best night to eat at the steakhouse?

Usually night 2. Both first and second night offer free wine, but it's hardly a good vintage.

Ask to see the weeks menus, and choose from there. There is one night for us where the fare is week, and if also a late port day, if perfect for us so that we don't have to rush back to the ship just to eat.

Sea Day 1 (Which is Monday night out of Baltimore)

Freeport (Which is Friday night out of Baltimore)

FWIW:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/funtimes/2015-05-01/Carnival%20Pride/

Also, I will second the "Eat at the steakhouse the first night" but only as general advice. I have never gone to the $$$ restaurants on a cruise.

Edited by huenix
Hit enter too soon.

I was on the Pride May 17-24. We went the first night and chose the "buy a bottle of wine for half price" option. I bought a bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay, my favorite, for about $15- not too much more than I would pay in Kroger's when it isn't on sale. For me, a better option than "free wine" of questionable value.

By the way, I ordered the MDR steakhouse selection filet mignon on our last night. It was delicious! Quite possibly the best steak I've ever had, and I like my beef!

I was on the Pride May 17-24. We went the first night and chose the "buy a bottle of wine for half price" option. I bought a bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay, my favorite, for about $15- not too much more than I would pay in Kroger's when it isn't on sale. For me, a better option than "free wine" of questionable value.

By the way, I ordered the MDR steakhouse selection filet mignon on our last night. It was delicious! Quite possibly the best steak I've ever had, and I like my beef!

Mkehib,

Thanks for the tip on the filet mignon in the main dining room.

I'll be looking for that on the menu.

Was the steak the normal menu or an upcharge? My DD is a steak a holic and she kept ordering the upcharge filet the last time I took her on a ship.

Was the steak the normal menu or an upcharge? My DD is a steak a holic and she kept ordering the upcharge filet the last time I took her on a ship.

the Steakhouse Selections are a $25 upcharge. I think when I sailed on the Liberty in October, the other choices besides the filet were lobster tail (better than the included ones they give you in the MDR during formal night, apparently) and a pork chop.

When we signed up for the steakhouse on our recent PRIDE cruise (May 3), the guy told us we would get a free bottle of wine no matter which night we picked, or we could opt for the 40% off a choice of our own. Since we like to dress up, we decided to go the second night, which is the first Cruise Elegant night.

It was another excellent experience.