discount on a second cruise?

lindauk

If I book a eastern or western caribbean cruise, what is the chance of getting the following week at a good rate if the ship isn't full. On some of the cruises we've been on in recent years, a few days before the end of the cruise they've announced some really good deals for the following week. Is this normal practice?

If I book a eastern or western caribbean cruise, what is the chance of getting the following week at a good rate if the ship isn't full. On some of the cruises we've been on in recent years, a few days before the end of the cruise they've announced some really good deals for the following week. Is this normal practice?

Unlike the past few years coming out of the Great Recession, this year cruise bookings are way up. The likelihood of being able to book the next week at a discount while you are on the ship are low. Discounting isn't anything close this year to the past few years. If you are interested in B2B cruising, you'd be better off this year booking that in advance. Embarkation in Alaska, Europe, Miami, and Fort Lauderdale seem to have the most capacity this year, offering the best opportunities for booking B2B while on board.

About a month before my May 3 cruise on Dream I got a phone call offering me a B2B for May 10 sailing for $895 Lido balcony. Mock booking price for that room was about $2100 so more than half off. We couldn't do it but the offer was good for anyone so my sister went. Great deal. Someone else on my same cruise said they got the same offer. I don't know how often this happens.

We ended up booking 2 different Carnival ships -- one for 7 days and the other for 8 days both departing from and returning to the same port -- a different variation of B2B. Carnival did take off about $50 on the second sailing that we would not have received if we only booked the second sailing. We got off one ship and then walked over 3 piers with our porter and our luggage to check in for the second sailing.

Unfortunately, the rates are the rates!

MARAPRINCE