12 pack bottled water, $2.99 in FunShop

BigB0882

We saw that earlier too :) ! Ordered 2-12 packs for our Sunshine cruise. Just will be bringing on the ship our 20oz soda from home.

Starting July 9th - Carnival used to have a 24 pack water as an option to buy but looks like that was deleted from the Fun Shops.

There was just a post on JH Facebook -carnival has officially changed policy of carry on liquids. No longer is a flat of water allowed (hence why they made it affordable to order.) It was getting too time consuming having to shake bottles to confirm it was water.

It said only a 12-pack of a canned beverage in a sealed carton will be allowed. ALso one bottle 750ml of wine per person over 21 on embarkation day only.

So that rules out the 20oz. bottles :cool:

Here is from a news release:

Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Any hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic beverage, and non-alcoholic beverages, outside of the exceptions referenced above, are strictly prohibited (in both carry-on and checked luggage) and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Edited by Buffettfan 225
added news link

There was just a post on JH Facebook -carnival has officially changed policy of carry on liquids. No longer is a flat of water allowed (hence why they made it affordable to order.) It was getting too time consuming having to shake bottles to confirm it was water.

It said only a 12-pack of a canned beverage in a sealed carton will be allowed. ALso one bottle 750ml of wine per person over 21 on embarkation day only.

Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Any hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic beverage, and non-alcoholic beverages, outside of the exceptions referenced above, are strictly prohibited (in both carry-on and checked luggage) and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

The no more 20oz rule came out after I made that post, we all know now that only 12 pack of 12oz cans will be allowed. So I will have to ration my Diet Dew it looks like :eek:.

The policy does not state the cans have to be in a sealed carton. It states that the cans or cartons containing beverages must be sealed and unopended (e.g. a carton of juice, a can of coke, etc.).

The policy does not state the cans have to be in a sealed carton. It states that the cans or cartons containing beverages must be sealed and unopended (e.g. a carton of juice, a can of coke, etc.).

Thanks for clarification. I guess my mind skimmed over it and can=closed carton. Now I can plan on a few solo cans of root beer for a float.

Thanks for clarification. I guess my mind skimmed over it and can=closed carton. Now I can plan on a few solo cans of root beer for a float.

I think every time I read it I see something different. I will be really clear about something one moment and then look again and oops!

I'll probably bring a carton of cokes on so it will take time for the carton to be opened, cans to be inspected and carton to be taped closed. More time than it took for the person to inspect the bottles of cokes we brought on board for our recent cruise.