NCL AB Suite

youngtraveladdict

An AB on what ship???

There is ALOT of information on this web site about AB's. Click on "Search This Forum" and type in "AB Cabin on the Dawn" or whatever ship you want to know about. There is an EXCELLENT web site by "Orcatek" about an AB on the Star, which is EXACTLY like an AB on the Dawn. It has FANTASTIC pictures!!

I stayed in an AB on the Dawn back in April. It truly was a wonderful experience!! I really cannot imagine staying in any other type of cabin, we HAVE been spoiled.......!!!

In an AB, you will have a much larger cabin. On the Dawn it is like two AF's side by side. A tiny small bedroom and a small bathroom, a dining area, a living room area, another bedroom with a queen size bed and a bath that is just so very nice..... Spacious, two sinks, spa tub, walk-in shower, huge closet, plus a flat screen TV over the tub!! And a small balcony too.

The cabin has a total of FOUR Televisions!! You will have a cordless phone to take with you to call anywhere on the ship or your Butler.

Yes, you have a Butler, no, not exclusively your's. you share with the other AB's, but, that is NOT a problem..... You can have wonderfull Breakfasts brought to your room, every morning, whatever time you request. In fact, you can dine all week, every meal in your room if you like!!! From WHICHEVER restaurant you would like!!!

Your Butler will bring you DVD's, if you host a party in your cabin, they will help.... Of course, you MUST tip your Butler well at the end of the cruise too...

Also, in an AB, you will get "priority" disembarking at various places and when you get back. You also will find little treats in your cabin before dinner or after dinner. It could be a little plate of Hor's Deurve's or a little dessert...

The most wonderfull, EXCELLENT thing about an AB is the space. You will never feel crowded, cramped, or on top of each other. You WILL find yourself spending more time in your cabin then you thought...... Because it is so nice!!!:D

So, if spending the extra $$$ doesn't make you queesy, GO FOR IT!!! You will NOT regret it, not one bit!!!

We had such a nice time in April we are doing it again in February 2006, on the Dawn, in an AB!!!:)

Have FUN on your cruise!!!

Suesan:) :) :)

For the Majesty you'll get:

• Cabin Square Footage (235)
  • Duvet
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Bathtub (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Bed Boards (1)
  • Bed Extensions (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Convertible Double Sofa Bed (1)
  • VCR (1)
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Concierge
  • Sitting Area
  • Floor to Ceiling Window (1)
  • Sprinklers

More than likely, you'll also receive champagne upon embarkation and yummie treats each evening from your concierge. We had an AB on the Dawn in June and absolutely LOVED it!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Suesan and 2cruise4ever

I have an Ab booked on the Dawn for an April 2006 10 day cruise. I would like to know from you how muchservice does the butler perform and what other perks can i expect or ask for? Do they let you know what there services are on the first day?I have heard they can help you book your shore excursions, is this true? Also you get priority disembarkation, do you need to request this or will the butler point it out? Can you call at any time and have food delivered and does it come quick. I was in a AF on the DAwn last year and service was a bit to slow for me.Will they get poolside chairs in the am?

I know I am jumping around with the questions so in summary I guess hat i am getting at is I want to know all the perks i am entitled to and can expect by having an AB room.Usually you don't know what you could have had until after you have experienced it. I want to know ,before i go on the cruise, what having an AB will due for me. Lastly what should I expect to tip the butler? I know it depends on how much you use their service, but a ballpark figure would be good. Did you tip him each time he did something special or just waited to cruise and to tip?

Thanks for any response and insite.

Dajson

For the Majesty you'll get:

• Cabin Square Footage (235)
  • Duvet
  • Hair Dryer (1)
  • Safety Deposit Box (1)
  • Television (1)
  • Telephone (1)
  • Bathtub (1)
  • Shower (1)
  • Bed Boards (1)
  • Bed Extensions (1)
  • Crib (1)
  • Convertible Lower Beds (2)
  • Convertible Double Sofa Bed (1)
  • VCR (1)
  • Refrigerator (1)
  • Oceanview Stateroom
  • Concierge
  • Sitting Area
  • Floor to Ceiling Window (1)
  • Sprinklers

More than likely, you'll also receive champagne upon embarkation and yummie treats each evening from your concierge. We had an AB on the Dawn in June and absolutely LOVED it!:D

We're just back from a Majesty AB. The concierge, Karin, is very nice, makes dinner reservations, excursions, and the like, and is very anxious to help. You do get champagne at embarkation, a fruit bowl, and treats (canapes, candies, shrimp cocktail--different every day) every afternoon. There's a private VIP party with the captain and senior staff, and you're the first to disembark after the "express walk-off" crowd leaves with their luggage.

The cabin is about 1.6 times the size of a superior oceanview, has a marbled bathroom with a small tub, and all sorts of special toiletries, including something called "precious cream" in a tiny little container. It was all very nice, but I think I could be just as happy in a superior oceanview. We paid about $200 more for the AB, but next May it's going for about $800 more at the on-line TA sites, and it sure isn't worth that.

First off, let me say again, you WILL LOVE an AB on the Dawn!!! It truly is such a special space, you WILL be spoiled....!!!biggrin.gif

Your Butler will introduce herself. If you have Lanie, she is wonderfull. (If she is on the Dawn this coming February, I am going to request her again!!)

Now, you do know that the Butler is not your very own personal Butler? You share her with all the other AB's.... But, she will have your meals up at the requested time if not a bit earlier.... So, no, they don't save pool side chairs for you. That is NOT their job......

Your Butler will/can bring you ANY food you would like. There is a Butler menu, but, Lanie was very flexible. Every morning I had Eggs Benedict for Breakfast, and it is not even on the menu!! My DH would ask for waffles... We used her as our "Wake-Up-Call", she would call a few minutes before she brought Breakfast then she would ring the doorbell and come in. Set the table, say "Good Morning!!". It was SO NICE!!!

My DD was being a petulant pre-teen, so, she stayed in the cabin ALOT!!! She would call Lanie for lunch, snacks and DVD's.....

If you have ANY problems with your cabin, just call Lanie, she will make sure thinds are fixed PRONTO!!

In an AB you will also have a cordless phone. It is SUPER!! We were able to stay-in-contact with our DD in the cabin and call Lanie or ANYWHERE else on the ship!!!

An AB cabin does get priority disembarking only when tenders are being used. Although, hadicaped passengers go first then families with very young children.

You usually get "Priority Dieembarkation" passes the night before from the Concierge. You will find them on your dining table. Each night you may find "little goodies", cream puff swans, hor's deurves, etc.... either before you go to dinner or after you come back from dinner.smile.gif

Tipping, well, that is a tough one...... I think it all depends on how much you use your Butler. I honestly don't remember what we gave her. I think it was around $125.00. I think.

I think I figured it to be $10.00 a day for Breakfasts for three, (a 6 day cruise), $10.00 a day for my DD's deliveries, and some extra $$ for her delivering Dessert Plates to some new friends I had made on the cruise.

Some people probably tip less, some more..... I was comfortable with what we left her. I felt it was fair.

Underneath the coffee table is a binder with NCL stationary, I wrote nice notes to Lanie and Ruth (the concierge) along with their tips. I also tipped our room stewards extra. They were VERY efficient and VERY polite, friendly and sweet. They knew our names from day one, and called our DD "Miss Sara"...smile.gif They kept us well supplied with towels, bath supplies and fresh fruit. I gave them each an extra $5.00 a day.

Oh, we tipped everyone on our last day on the ship.

ANY other questions you have, just ask away!!!

Suesansmile.gifsmile.gif

All I could find were pix of a Jade Suite that was WOWOWOWOWOW, but not an AB on the Majesty that's for sure. I went back 10 pages in the photo gallery section. Can you give me a better bead on where those pix of the AB suite are? Thanks so much.

• 1 month later...

Suesan Jean

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of other questions. I have heard you can get prority embarkation if you ask at the NY port, is this true? Were you able to order from the specialty restaurants, I believe i read a cruiser did and was not charged extra.Did you book excursions thru the concierge or prior to the cruise. if you used the concierge was it satisfactory? If you think of any thing else please post.

Thanks again

Dajson

P.S. Are you going 4/16/06

I had the AB Diamond suite (cabin #11520) on the Dawn this past Sept. and Lanie was our butler and Claudio was the concierge. Lanie brought us breakfast every day and 2 dinners which included that famous mushroom soup from Le Bistro at no extra charge. Goodies were delivered every day. Room service items she took care of also. I tipped her $10pp per day ($140 for 2) she was well worth it. Claudio made appointments for us and delivered DVDs to our cabin, didnt use his services to much at all but tipped him $70 total for the week. Your gonna love the AB!

Suesan Jean

Thanks for the reply. I have a couple of other questions. I have heard you can get prority embarkation if you ask at the NY port, is this true? Were you able to order from the specialty restaurants, I believe i read a cruiser did and was not charged extra.Did you book excursions thru the concierge or prior to the cruise. if you used the concierge was it satisfactory? If you think of any thing else please post.

Thanks again

Dajson

P.S. Are you going 4/16/06

When you get to the port in NY stay to your left once you enter the main terminal. There is an area for Lattitudes and Suite guests for priority embarkation.

We were in an AB in August and loved it. We used Alex, the concierge, for booking our one excursion and numerous specialy restaurant reservations. In fact, on formal night we had booked a main dining room for an early seating <you can only get a reservation in the main dining room for a VERY eary or late seating>. We were running late and gave Alex a call. He was able to get us in for our table at 7pm with a huge line of people waiting. There are definitely great perks for booking this suite but you do pay for them in your fair.

Archived