Ecstasy/Elation Xcaret Tour

dpeck

What time does the Xcaret tour out of Playa del Carmen depart and return to the ship? On Carnival's web site they say it is 3 hours and on another page it says 0 hours. Would we have more time there if we book it on our own or should we book it through the ship?

We did this tour in Feb and I can't remember when we left, but go as early as they allow because there is a ton of stuff to do! It's a great place! We usually go on our own, but decided on the ship tour because they had buses coming and going every 30 min (i think). It seems like it was 9ish when we left in the morning and the last bus back was about 3? Can't remember for sure. You'll have a blast though.

Amy

This is one that I would actually book through the ship. It doesn't cost any more than doing it on your own. The buses leave I believe at 9 am, and they run every 30 minutes throughout the day until 3 pm. Xcaret is my favorite place in the world!

• 3 weeks later...

The buses run regularly between the ship and the park. Go back when you've had enough fun - but at least 30 minutes before the ship is scheduled to depart. We loved Xcaret and is well worth the $$. Moonvine is right - book through the cruiseline to make sure you get back on board. You could very easily lose track of time with all there is to see and do at this eco-park!

I'm not sure which sailing you are on so the answer will be different - depending on which one. This is one that I book through the cruiselines.

On the 4 day you would have to take the tour out of Cozumel - we didn't do it through Carnival (did it through RCL) out of Cozumel and you had to stay together to get there and to return - you could do your own thing at the park. You will be leaving the park early in order to take the ferry from Playa del Carmen back to Cozumel (you have to take the ferry there also). This decreasing your park time considerably.

On the 5 day sailings you port in Playa and have to be back onboard by 4 - this gives you a little more time since you don't have to take the ferry there and back. Also you stay in Cozumel until 10 - so if the opinion is there to do it from Cozumel you would get more time in the park. Not sure how they would run it though - as you have to have ferry tickets back. If you came back on your own - less fexiblity on coming and going and the food is expensive.

If you plan to do the dolphins book them through the park website. One reason is that you are guaranteed a spot. If you wait until you get to the park they my be filled.

Archived