Ketchican sea kayaking or snorkeling

kkbrig

I am wondering about the differences between kayaking in Orca's Cove (with SE Sea Kayaks) and the Eagle Islands kayak, which is through Princess who I think is contracting with SE Exposure Outdoor Adventure Center. I am imagining the answer is they are both beautiful views, just pick one, but I just had to check before I booked it!

Our second choice to sea kayaking is snorkeling with snorkel alaska (booked through the cruise).

All three of these get really high reviews on Tripadvisor. At this point I may just pick one on schedule, but just thought I'd run it by you guys first, in case one is more (or less) compelling.

Thanks!

I have done both....kayaking in Ketikan is world class....but kayaking is kayaking... How many times can you ever say you snorted or dove in AK? The snorkeling is amazing. Not sure how much you have been in the water, but the reefs here are full of life...I like the, better than the Carribean. I have seen giant purple and red starfish, octopuses, kelp, lots of fish....after all whales come up here to eat....I was very warm. They provide you with really good gear...I was impressed...when we sailed by the cove where I had snorkels, I pointed it out to a friend that I was with....she didn't go....and a whale breached in the very cove....now, that would be something to tell the people at home....between the two? Personally, I would go snorkeling

OMG again...it was beautiful...