Any one worn a CC T-shirt onboard?

skippycruises

I was given a cc t shirt for x mas last year and haven't cruised with it yet! Very soon though! Just wanted to know if anyone has, was there any perks or questions about it? I think the shirts are a great conversation starter.:D

I wear mine all the time on the first day aboard ... especially when making it up to the Lido deck for sailaway (I don't always get up there until we've already sailed out of port as in past cruises I've flown to the port on the same day as embarkation ... after working all night ... so I'm still catching ZZZZ's in my cabin when we sail away).

The tee shirt is great for hooking up with other CC members since as soon as they see you in the shirt, they'll come up to you and ask what your screen name is. I also wear it for any CC party that is being hosted onboard.

For my cruise in January, I'm flying to the port the day before sailing. I plan to wear my CC tee-shirt for boarding and right up until dinner on that first night.

LOL ... I also use CC luggage tags ... under the mistaken assumption that when the porters take my bags at the pier, and see the CruiseCritic.com logo on them, maybe they'll take extra care with them rather than risk a bad post on the the boards. :) Don't know if that strategy has any bearing on actual luggage delivery, though. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I had a funny experience with my CC T-shirt! While up at the Lido for lunch one of the waiters was cleaning off the table next to me and he read my shirt. He asked me why i was critising the cruise! :) I had to explain to him all about Cruise Critic.

DH and I wear our shirts on our cruises - yes, we have had MANY questions! Last sailing at the M&M, we were all given CC lanyards (and pins) which are perfect for our sign and sail cards, etc. We got the most questions about the lanyards - were we really cruise critics, how were we going to rate this ship, how did we get a job like that, did we get to sail for free as a CC.....no matter how many times we tried to explain that we were NOT cruise critics, merely members of CC online, it didn't seem that anyone believed that. Now, if we were truly cruise critics, would we go around advertising it?!!!! Sheesh! At any rate, wear you shirt and enjoy it - it is a good way to meet people because they will walk up to you and start asking questions about it. Happy sailing!

I've wanted to get one for awhile but "the store" has been "temporarily unavailable". Can't even look to see what they look like. Any guesses when it will be back up? What does a basic t-shirt cost roughly?

I got my two tee-shirts and two luggage tags last year. I think the tee-shirts come in white or blue. They have a small Cruise Critic logo on the front ... where a pocket would normally be ... and then a big Cruise Critic logo on the back, with the web site URL. I think I paid about $12 or so for each tee-shirt. The luggage tags were like a buck or two.

I wish they would bring the store back up again. I'd like to see if there are any windbreaker type jackets available.

Blue skies ...

--rita

As much as I like this board, I'd never wear anything with "critic" on it. Too negative a connotation. [During my years as Music, Dance and Drama Critic for a newspaper, I had my byline identified as "Arts Writer."]

Archived