elaine61

Hi Guys

Just wondered if any of you could help me with a problem I am having with the avatars!! They have been working fine but for some unknown reason now they are not displaying the picture and the box has an x in!! What have I done wrong???

Elaine

Looking at it the only avatars that are showing are those which members have downloaded themselves!! Maybe it isn't anything I've done with my computer after all!!!!!

Elaine (who should really be getting suitcases out of storage ready for packing instead of worrying about avatars)!!!!!

(For what it's worth, I can currently see both of your avatars...)

Elaine, the box with the red X in it is a function of your browser. As you already noted, for some reason, the picture was not sent to your computer display.

One of the things you can try is right-clicking on the picture and choosing Show Picture (that's what it's called in Internet Explorer...your browser may be different). If the picture shows up then, the issue is timing. The browser expects all of the pictures on a page to show up within a certain amount of time. If they don't, then it puts the red-X-box in places where the pictures didn't arrive in time.

If you do a Show Picture and it *still* doesn't show up, then your computer can't see the picture where it thinks it should be on the Web. Here, that probably means that the message board software is having a temporary problem. Wait a few minutes, and it should fix itself.

Hope this helps.

Bill

(For what it's worth, I can currently see both of your avatars...)

Elaine, the box with the red X in it is a function of your browser. As you already noted, for some reason, the picture was not sent to your computer display.

One of the things you can try is right-clicking on the picture and choosing Show Picture (that's what it's called in Internet Explorer...your browser may be different). If the picture shows up then, the issue is timing. The browser expects all of the pictures on a page to show up within a certain amount of time. If they don't, then it puts the red-X-box in places where the pictures didn't arrive in time.

If you do a Show Picture and it *still* doesn't show up, then your computer can't see the picture where it thinks it should be on the Web. Here, that probably means that the message board software is having a temporary problem. Wait a few minutes, and it should fix itself.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks Bill

When I looked on the board later on in the day, they were back, so I am assuming that the problem was with CC's software rather than with my computer here at home. I do know that they are messing around with the site this week to try and solve some other issues that have been occuring recently.

Elaine

Elaine: I had the same trouble, and went to my profile and did an edit. Also sometimes I have to actually log on each time. something crazy is going on with these boards, it is not your computer.

See you soon...Grace

Hi Grace

Yes, I thought I'd done something to the computer here at home, but I think it must have been CC!! Well I've finally got the suitcases out of storage and mum is coming on Sunday morning to fold shirts for me!! She does a much better job than I do!! Monday we shall be setting off for Southampton, staying in a hotel just outside for the night. Am I getting excited???? You betcha!!

Looking forward to seeing you. I am still trying to work out the best thing to do for meeting up. Some are on the westbound, others are on the splendours of the falls and some are on the eastbound.

Elaine

Archived