Hotel Le Soleil in Vancouver

Located at Dunsmuir and Hornby....

• my vote always goes to the $35 taxi carload when travelling with luggage for door to door service
  • airport Canada Line (subway) has a station three blocks away, but may not be worth the $18 ($9 per adult) inconvenience with luggage

I have not stayed there, but you can see some Expedia travel reviews here...

http://www.expedia.ca/Vancouver-Hotels-Executive-Hotel-Le-Soleil.h163379.Hotel-Reviews

Location is relatively central to shopping, dining and cruise terminal.

There have been several posters over the last couple of years who stayed - Advanced Search by Post brings up many entries. All said much the same thing - great stay, lovely hotel, very nice etc.

It's actually in the $31 taxi fare zone, not $35 (only the handful of hotels north of Pender or Hastings, i.e. very close to the Coal Harbour side, are in the $35 zone).

If you intend to make use of transit during your stay, Skytrain price plummets as you can buy a 10-pack of FareSaver tickets at the airport - as little as $2.10 per person per trip - or a Daypass for $9.75pp ($7.50 >65s), either of which avoids the inbound airport $5 AddFare.

Assuming you don't need a porter to get your bags from the baggage carousel to the curb, then you are physically capable of taking them on Skytrain - you walk the equivalent of several blocks. Canada Line was planned with luggage in mind, has huge legroom and high enough seats you can fit large bags under them.

I have not stayed there but have been in some of the rooms and I think you will be very extremely pleased with the hotel. As an aside, I worked for about 10 years in the building at 567 Hornby St. until we sold it and it was demolished for le Soeil. I would describe the location as excellent and close to almost everything you will want to do in downtown Vancouver. The taxi information you have.