Trunk Bay on our own or a snorkle tour?

czarinahil

It's not a money issue but an issue of not making the most out of an area when you do it on your own because you don't really know the best places to see and things to do. Is that the case here? I don't want to get over to St. Johns and be like, "now what?" I want to make the most out of my time there. Last time we docked in St. Thomas we just walked around and did some shopping and I feel like we missed out.

Thanks,

Hilary

This all depends on your interests. If you want to experience some very nice beaches, snorkel and lounge, then St John is perfection. There is some shopping, but not to the degree of St Thomas.

Trunk Bay is the most famous of the St John beaches. It has an underwater park that is very popular with snorkelers. There a locker rentals and other facilities. This all makes for a very crowed area, especially when multiple cruise ships are in port.

I personally like Cinnamon Bay better. Just as lovely as Trunk and not nearly as crowded.

Hope this helps.

Hello Hilary,

If you research it then you will know what to do when you get to St. John. For example do you want to go to the beach, grab a taxi and do a tour, go hiking, visit Annaberg... If you go to http://www.*****/stjohn/ you can read up on the National Park, beaches, attractions, trails and see what you might be intrested in doing, then decide if you want to do those things on your own.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived