GG's Jewel Review 5/30-6/6!!!!!!!!!!

Wow I'm just back from the jewel, and we had a fabulous time! I got off the boat yesterday and even though we had calm seas with the exception of the majority of day 6 I'm still rocking back and forth! LOL!

It was one of the best vacations I have ever experienced! I had read so much negative information on cruise critic about the jewel and NCL in general and to be completely honest so much of it was not true at all. I don't know if things have changed recently or if what I was reading was said just to have something bad to say?? Who knows but I'm going to give as detailed of a review as possible and tell the absolute truth! Because before I left I was mentally prepared for all the bad stuff and well there was none so everything was wonderful!

DAY 0 SEATTLE is coming next!

Looking forward to your review. Glad to hear you had such a great time. I wish those people that complain all the time would keep it to themselves. Some people are never happy no matter what and feel the need to share their misery with others. We will be on the Jewel in September and we are looking forward to all the great things you have to say about your cruise and your experience along the way.

Wow I'm just back from the jewel, and we had a fabulous time! I got off the boat yesterday and even though we had calm seas with the exception of the majority of day 6 I'm still rocking back and forth! LOL!

It was one of the best vacations I have ever experienced! I had read so much negative information on cruise critic about the jewel and NCL in general and to be completely honest so much of it was not true at all. I don't know if things have changed recently or if what I was reading was said just to have something bad to say?? Who knows but I'm going to give as detailed of a review as possible and tell the absolute truth! Because before I left I was mentally prepared for all the bad stuff and well there was none so everything was wonderful!

I'll be doing the same itinerary in 11 weeks... so am looking forward to your report. :)

Always keep in mind that people with complaints will post quicker and more often than people with praises! Jewel is a great ship and NCL is my favorite line.

DAY 0 SEATTLE-

We left Detroit at 8:30 am which was pretty early but not too early for a cosmopolitan at the bar before the flight! The flight itself was really good especially because of the margarita I had during it. I know its crazy to drink so much in the am but heck I was on vacation!

I was traveling with my mom and her friend Jan, we landed in Seattle at about 10:30am. I was really excited as Seattle was a new place for me! Getting a town car for the same price as a taxi was really great (45$), we were in a really nice vehicle and the driver was super friendly and cute! He even gave us a mini tour on the way to our hotel The Warwick.

Our hotel was in a great location, just a few blocks away from Pikes Place Market. The room was nice as well and we had a beautiful view of the city on the 11th floor. In addition, the hotel was right next door to a gourmet market and across the street from a restored movie theater called Cinerama.

After changing and leaving our bags with the bell hop, we went to Salumi for lunch. We were lucky to only wait in line for 25 minutes to have the most amazing sandwich ever. I had a special, mole salami with jicama and jalapeno salsa. I also got a meatball on the side to try. WOW! I cant recommend this place enough. It's really small but we managed to find seats in the back of the restaurant.

Then we took a cab to Pikes Place Market, it was so great! The throw your fish men were so fun to watch and just the endless peonies and sweet peas, and seafood, and fruit, and restaurants seemed to go on forever! I'm a foodie so this place to me was heaven. We walked all over the area, I had the crumpet shop on my list and having a fresh crumpet with homemade lemon curd on it was wonderful. Then I found a Turkish delight store and had a rose flavor, amazing! Then I found a French bakery and had a passion fruit macaroon, holy cow it was so good I could of cried!

Basically this place convinced me for the first time in my life that I would be happy living somewhere else besides Michigan.

After leaving the market area we checked in to our hotel and I pretty much passed out after that going to bed at 7pm! I was beat.

Coming next Day 1 SEATTLE/ EMBARKATION

Can't wait to read all about your adventures. We are going out of DTW as well for our Aug cruise.

What bad things did you hear about the Jewel? I have been trying to read up on her over the past month or so and most of what I read is positive ....though I hear many say the service is slow in the main dining rooms. I just know going it that a lot of your vacation is what you make of it and how you react to things. ...go with the flow!!!

I tried to post a bunch of pictures and it said I was missing a security key???

Refresh and try again. I get that here every so often as well. I think it's a glitch. Sometimes changing browsers helps too. I would love to see any and all pictures! ;)

Please tell me more about the Warwick Hotel. :)

We are booked in the Warwick for our September cruise. We have the Queen Anne suite. :D

You are going to love the suite because just our regular room was lovely! The lobby is quite small but it's cute, our bathroom had marble countertops, the beds were very comfortable, there is a restaurant attached to the hotel so they have happy hour (which most of the surrounding restaurants do as well) and room service available. The staff was very friendly as well. The best part about our room was the view of the Seattle needle! It was just spectacular. My next post will address Day 1 where we went to breakfast at Lola which is just down 4th street at 7am, it was the only place open so early. This worked well for us since we were on a three hour time change. The surrounding area of the hotel is very nice, tons of restaurants, a drug store, bed bath and beyond. I hope you like it:)

Can't wait to read all about your adventures. We are going out of DTW as well for our Aug cruise.

What bad things did you hear about the Jewel? I have been trying to read up on her over the past month or so and most of what I read is positive ....though I hear many say the service is slow in the main dining rooms. I just know going it that a lot of your vacation is what you make of it and how you react to things. ...go with the flow!!!

Refresh and try again. I get that here every so often as well. I think it's a glitch. Sometimes changing browsers helps too. I would love to see any and all pictures! ;)

Yes I read plenty about slow service in the dining room (not true), watered down drinks (not true), mdr food equal to Denny's (not true), shows not that great (not true). There is tons more ill get to in my review:)

Can't wait to hear more. We are on Jewel August 1

Thats when we sail too!!!

I've tried uploading the photos five times and three different ways, any more advice?

Are you uploading here directly? If so don't. Use a hosting site like flickr or photobucket, upload there and then copy the BBCode and paste it here. You can load 6 pictures per post. I personally prefer flickr.

Welcome Back, I have no idea why people in many boards want to put down NCL and I have read negative on Jewel as well and in all honestly she is one of my favorite ships. Her crew is always friendly and happy. There is just a really good vibe on the Jewel. Even the ghost in my Haven Suite last November was fun [emoji33] but that is a story for another time. We are heading back to the Jewel in November for our third cruise on her and it will feel like going home [emoji2]

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Alaska Cruise [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you uploading here directly? If so don't. Use a hosting site like flickr or photobucket, upload there and then copy the BBCode and paste it here. You can load 6 pictures per post. I personally prefer flickr.

Thanks for the info, I did exactly as u said and after pasting the url the preview box shows no picture only a small blue box with a question mark in the middle. What could I possibly be doing wrong! It shouldn't be this hard to post photos.

Thanks for the info, I did exactly as u said and after pasting the url the preview box shows no picture only a small blue box with a question mark in the middle. What could I possibly be doing wrong! It shouldn't be this hard to post photos.

You don't want the URL you want the BBCode.

For flickr...load your pictures and then go to the one you want to post and click the arrow that curves and points to the right.

a box comes up. in that box it gives you 4 options Click on the BBCoce and copy that link, paste it here.

18679205832_25d2205d01_z.jpgCapture by Jennifer Dowling, on Flickr

I did not click on BBCode in that picture so you see the line under grablink. But I was playing around. Usually for me it defaults to BBCode when I use it regularly. Of you are using photobucket let me know and I can help you with that

Edited by jenseib

Thanks so much....I can't wait!

You are going to love the suite because just our regular room was lovely! The lobby is quite small but it's cute, our bathroom had marble countertops, the beds were very comfortable, there is a restaurant attached to the hotel so they have happy hour (which most of the surrounding restaurants do as well) and room service available. The staff was very friendly as well. The best part about our room was the view of the Seattle needle! It was just spectacular. My next post will address Day 1 where we went to breakfast at Lola which is just down 4th street at 7am, it was the only place open so early. This worked well for us since we were on a three hour time change. The surrounding area of the hotel is very nice, tons of restaurants, a drug store, bed bath and beyond. I hope you like it:)

You don't want the URL you want the BBCode.

For flickr...load your pictures and then go to the one you want to post and click the arrow that curves and points to the right.

a box comes up. in that box it gives you 4 options Click on the BBCoce and copy that link, paste it here.

18679205832_25d2205d01_z.jpgCapture by Jennifer Dowling, on Flickr

I did not click on BBCode in that picture so you see the line under grablink. But I was playing around. Usually for me it defaults to BBCode when I use it regularly. Of you are using photobucket let me know and I can help you with that

Thanks for the help but my box on Flickr doesn't look like yours, it doesn't have the line saying html, bbcode, I frame, etc. the only options it gives me is to copy to url, save image and set cover photo! This is so frustrating. There must be two versions of Flickr!

I think I'm giving up on Flickr maybe photobucket will work, thanks again for trying to help:)

I am leaving on Jewel on 7/23. Looking for more of your posts. Did you do excursions? Suggestions?

Yes we did some things on are own but we also did three shore excursions all with NCL.

We did the enchanting butchart gardens in Victoria- highly recommend

Also the Tracy arm fjord in Juneau- highly recommend

And we did the white pass railroad in Skagway- really enjoyed it:)