GG's Jewel Review 5/30-6/6!!!!!!!!!!

You don't want the URL you want the BBCode.

For flickr...load your pictures and then go to the one you want to post and click the arrow that curves and points to the right.

a box comes up. in that box it gives you 4 options Click on the BBCoce and copy that link, paste it here.

18679205832_25d2205d01_z.jpgCapture by Jennifer Dowling, on Flickr

I did not click on BBCode in that picture so you see the line under grablink. But I was playing around. Usually for me it defaults to BBCode when I use it regularly. Of you are using photobucket let me know and I can help you with that

Thanks for the help but my box on Flickr doesn't look like yours, it doesn't have the line saying html, bbcode, I frame, etc. the only options it gives me is to copy to url, save image and set cover photo! This is so frustrating. There must be two versions of Flickr!

I think I'm giving up on Flickr maybe photobucket will work, thanks again for trying to help:)

they keep "updating" and changing things so maybe you got a beta version showing. Glad you got it all taken care of with photobucket! Loving the pictures! ;)

Thanks for the help but my box on Flickr doesn't look like yours, it doesn't have the line saying html, bbcode, I frame, etc. the only options it gives me is to copy to url, save image and set cover photo! This is so frustrating. There must be two versions of Flickr!

I think I'm giving up on Flickr maybe photobucket will work, thanks again for trying to help:)

they keep "updating" and changing things so maybe you got a beta version showing. Glad you got it all taken care of with photobucket! Loving the pictures! ;)

Thanks so much it's such a relief to know my whole review will have the pics included!

DAY 1 SEATTLE/EMBARKATION!!!

Day 1 I was up at 5am so we were ready to go for breakfast much earlier than normal and I was starving because I missed dinner the night before. So thank goodness Lola was open right at 7am, and it was located on 4th avenue so it was super close to our hotel.

Lola was wonderful, and I would highly recommend it. I had a cranberry royale cocktail made with cava, fresh cranberry, and st. germain. For food I had the half order of the eggs benedict with Bavarian ham (from pikes place market- super yummy) and dill hollandaise. Mom and Jan got the Lola breakfast which came with 2 eggs, choice of bacon or sausage or you could get both, and smashed garlic potatoes. My breakfast came with the potatoes too and everything was fantastic. We also got the donuts which were served with blackberry jam and vanilla mascarpone, yummy! I love restaurants were practically everything is made in house:)

After breakfast I went for a walk around town and it was just lovely. So many cool stores and restaurants to visit next time!

Then at 10:45am we grabbed a cab to Pier 66 for 10$. We arrived right around 11am. We first stapled our luggage tags on at the bag drop off place and then we went thru security with our carryon items. Next we were in the boarding area for a grand total of 10 minutes! They were so efficient and I couldn't believe how fast it was to get on the ship. Check in took only five minutes, we were priority boarding and we never had to even wait in line. After we checked in I noticed they had water and oj available so I got a beverage and then they called our number and it was seriously zip zip on to the ship. I was really impressed with how organized everything was!

Then we were boarding the ship on deck 7 right where the atrium is. everything looked beautiful, nothing looked worn or shabby as some reviews had stated.

We went to drop off our carryon luggage in our room, and then we had lunch at Moderno. They had a really nice menu, and I got the hearts of palm salad with coconut dressing and the corn chowder, yummy! It was really nice to eat here and avoid the craziness of the buffet!

After lunch we explored the ship and at about 1pm our cruise director Armen announced that most of the rooms were ready, but a couple of floors were not ready until 1:30pm.

We then headed to our room and it was wonderful! We were in 11528 which is a mini suite, it had a full bathtub and a pull out couch for a third bed. I had heard it was hard to sleep on the pull out couch so I asked our cabin steward to bring us a pad to make it more comfortable.

The beds and pillows were more comfy than I thought they would be so we all had no problem sleeping the entire cruise. They also had a great heavy curtain that blocked off the sitting area and another on the sliding door that was perfect for keeping that 4am sunrise away! There was only 2 plugs by the vanity area so thank you to everyone who suggested extension cords and magnets to hang up all of our invites and freestyle dailies!

We asked for more hangers, towels, and a nice makeup mirror and our steward gave us everything we wanted. We had plenty of room for all of our clothes, and this was amazing considering Jan brought way too much stuff!

At 4pm they had a sail away party at the sapphire pool, it was really fun. People were dancing and we had some cocktails at the Sky High bar, I had two glasses of yummy champagne! It was a beautiful sunny day and sailing away from Seattle was just lovely.

For dinner we skipped the steamship buffet in the garden café and the fried chicken at o'sheehans, instead we had dinner at Tsars, which was wonderful. Fast service, the food was really hot, and it definately wasn't Denny's quality as so many reviewers had stated! I started with crab cakes and then for my main course I had the meatballs with green peppercorn sauce and mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was really good:)

After dinner we were pretty tired so we went to bed early! But they had live music, a welcome aboard dance party, a majority rules game show, and a preview show at the stardust theater.

COMING NEXT : DAY 2 AT SEA!

Thanks for sharing your pictures and for the review. Looking forward to fallowing along. This will be our first time on the Jewel and it has been almost 20 years since we have been to Alaska. Looking forward to all of your thoughts about both the ship and about the stops along the way. September 5th cannot come soon enough for us.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and for the review. Looking forward to fallowing along. This will be our first time on the Jewel and it has been almost 20 years since we have been to Alaska. Looking forward to all of your thoughts about both the ship and about the stops along the way. September 5th cannot come soon enough for us.

Your welcome:) you picked a great ship and itinerary, the jewel is beautiful, the crew was so nice, especially the washy washy guys singing let it go! The entertainment was fabulous, and the food was fantastic. It was so great it was overwhelming, I mean we did so much in a week it felt like we were only the ship for a month:)

Day 2 AT SEA-

We got up pretty early still on the eastern time zone and headed for breakfast at Moderno, they had a fabulous breakfast buffet everyday with museli, oatmeal with toppings, smoked salmon with toppings, fresh fruit, berries, kiwi, pastries, cheeses, and meats it was wonderful!

For my entrée I had the crabcake benedict and it came with breakfast potatoes, it was yummy! Jan and mom got the brioche French toast, they really loved it.

It was a pretty crummy day out, windy with rain and pea soup fog so no one was on the pool deck. This meant that places like the game room and the library were packed.

At 10:30am they had an Asian cooking demonstration in the crystal atrium, it was cool to see how sushi is made and I got to have a piece of the full roll because it was my birthday! They also passed out little samples to the whole audience.

At 11am we had our cruise critic meet and mingle at Lebistro, Judi and Arte were our hosts and they were wonderful. All of the top hotel, food and beverage staff were there and our cruise director Armen, they all took turns introducing themselves and offering any assistance throughout the cruise if we needed it. Our hotel and assistant hotel directors were extremely friendly and we saw them constantly throughout the cruise! The food and beverage manager was also very friendly and we ran into him all the time too! The ship provided lemonade, coffee, tea, cookies, and snacks it was really nice.

For lunch we ate at the buffet, this was my only meal here during the entire cruise. Its not that the food didn't look good, I just couldn't stand the crowds! Also there was really no where to sit, and we were lucky to find a spot at the great outdoors. I had a caesar salad and pretzel rolls, both were great. I really avoided all the hot foods because I knew by the time I found a table they would be cold!

After lunch I wanted to do the pub crawl but they didn't have it! Instead we went to the friendly fued game show at 2pm at the Fyzz lounge. It was really fun:)

Then it was back to the cabin to get ready for the Norwegian Night Out.

Next was the Captains VIP cocktail reception at the Haven courtyard! Wow what a party, all the senior officers were there including some Miami corporate people and it was fabulous! The courtyard was beautiful, everyone was so friendly, and they passed around canapés too! The best part about the party was the waiters holding all the free drinks. Holy cow I just about fell over when we walked in there, cosmos, pear martinis made with grey goose pear, champagne, wine and rum punch! I'm telling you I've never seen a single man in my life drink a cosmo but at that party there were 4 of them!!!! I got pretty lit at that party!

Next was dinner at Lebistro and I just have to say everything there was fabulous, the restaurant was beautiful, and the service was wonderful! I had the escargot (which was the best I've ever had), the mushroom soup was outstanding, and the bouillabaisse was delicious! My mom and Jan loved everything they got as well, coronets, scallops, and they both had the filet.

After dinner our waiter and several others came over and sang me happy birthday and gave me a beautiful cake, it was lovely!

Then we went to see Band On The Run at the stardust theater, and honestly we were all blown away. The production was fabulous, the music was wonderful, and the singers were amazing. I couldn't believe how good it was!

After the show I caught the Michael Jackson tribute in the fyzz lounge, Fire and Ice were amazing. I really feel Rosie is a superstar, she knows her music history, she has so much energy, and she is so talented wow!

After that we went to spinnaker for their Norwegian Night Out Party, fun dancing!

They also had a Beatles tribute, and an Elton John tribute as well.

The dinner specials were ribs at osheehans and lobster and shrimp pasta at the buffet.

Wow what a day we had!