Regal Princess October 24, 2015 NYC~FLL

• 1 month later...

We booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago since we were planning a trip to NYC to visit friends and relatives and never miss a chance to cruise if we are near an ocean. We'll be arriving in NYC on the 20th and already don't have enough time to see all our friends so it will be busy. We lived in Manhattan for forty years before retiring.

We really liked the Regal when we cruised on her in January and look forward to the return visit. The small balconies really don't bother us and itineraries with lots of sea days are always our preference.

Jay and Al in Tucson

• 1 month later...
We booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago since we were planning a trip to NYC to visit friends and relatives and never miss a chance to cruise if we are near an ocean. We'll be arriving in NYC on the 20th and already don't have enough time to see all our friends so it will be busy. We lived in Manhattan for forty years before retiring.

We really liked the Regal when we cruised on her in January and look forward to the return visit. The small balconies really don't bother us and itineraries with lots of sea days are always our preference.

Jay and Al in Tucson

Getting closer ... :cool: The small balcony's don't bother me at all since I'm not running laps out there! I'm 58 and Scott's 50 ... how 'bout you two?

We have been together for forty three years (now married). It will be forty four when the cruise departs for FLL. Al is a recent recipient of Medicare benefits and I am the older but not wiser - think 70s for me. As you can see from our list of cruises, this one will be #80.

I also just realized that my Avatar photo is several years old so I replaced it with one that was taken on the Regal in January but the photo is so reduced in size that no real ID is possible.

I know this is going against the tide but we like to be close to the water rather than up high and we like forward rather than aft so we always try to book a lower forward deck unless it is for a specific reason like Aqua Class on Celebrity where there is no choice. Obviously we are in the minority and will not accept an upgrade if it is on a very high deck, especially if it is directly under the pool or MUTS. Other than that we just go with the flow. Since we are both Elite, Princess is generous with the goodies which is always appreciated.

We started visiting FLL in the 70s when the atmosphere and attitude were much different. We have also just sold our apt. in Naples as well as finally being released from the obligation of our time share in Cancun since the 25 year contract had expired. Now we can just concentrate on cruises and

land trips. Last year was our third trip to China and in May we sailed to Amsterdam for the Keukenhof tulip festival which was amazing. The bucket list is quite small now since we have been to every continent but I would still like to get to South Africa for a safari (Al has already been there). But the length of the flight from Arizona is just too long to contemplate, especially since we are both tall and even business class is hard on the body.

Are you flying in on the day of the cruise? Since we lived in Manhattan for most of our lives we'd be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Looking forward to meeting you on the ship.

Jay in Tucson