Cruise in 12 Days and Found Out I Am Pregnant!

My guess is the 14 day rule is to assure Carnival gets word before the cruise, but the way communication is, you could fax and it still not get where it needs to go. I would just have the medical clearance note from Dr. with you in case something came up, to cover yourself and for peace of mind. It can't hurt!

The 14 day rule is probably also more for people who are further along, to assure no one is having a baby aboard the ship!

I would never suggest you tell a fib, but if asked, "I am pretty sure that form was faxed....somewhere.....:D

And I am pretty sure people cruise all the time unaware they are pregnant, etc., ;)

Congrats!

It is always best to be honest because you never know what can happen.

Call and find out where to fax the form and bring a copy & your Doc's letter with you.

God forbid you suffer a miscarriage on board or in port or some other complication.

We leave on our Carnival cruise in 12 days and we found out a few days ago we are pregnant. The pregnancy waiver on the website says it needs to be filled out and faced to carnival no later than 14 days before sail date. We obviously are closer and had no idea we would be pregnant so close to sail date. Has anyone else encountered this? What do you do about the waiver?

Unless you have some serious risk factors, don't even worry about it or mention it. They won't know, and there's not much risk of delivery on the ship which is what they're most concerned about anyway.

I wouldn't worry about sending it in, but I would get the form signed by the doctor.

Don't you have to answer if you are currently pregnant on the check-in documents (you know the ones that you have to say you aren't sick)? I personally don't believe it is okay to lie on those.

I would also want a doctor to verify you are not high risk for something like an ectopic pregnancy- the cruise line very likely does not have anything available to treat you if complications were to occur. So the issue isn't just that they don't want people having pre-term babies on board.

Congratulations!

If you go on the Sunshine........name that child SONNY if a boy and Sunshine if a girl. You will always have pleasant memories when you look at them.

that early. Just a simple letter should do it. I would have one, not that you need it, but you will worry if you don't.

How much time does it take a doctor to give you a form letter/?

Happy sails. To you and the "new" little one.

Edited by AmberTeka

I disagree with the folks saying not to mention it. I would let Carnival know by way of marking it on your online check-in, and then get the form signed. Carry it with you, because it is better to just have the form if asked than be denied boarding. Don't stress about getting it sent in early, just throw it in with your ID and call it a day.

We leave on our Carnival cruise in 12 days and we found out a few days ago we are pregnant. The pregnancy waiver on the website says it needs to be filled out and faced to carnival no later than 14 days before sail date. We obviously are closer and had no idea we would be pregnant so close to sail date. Has anyone else encountered this? What do you do about the waiver?

Please believe me when I say that I am not being sarcastic and I hope all works out and that you have a great cruise. But, it seems like all of the doctors are coming out of the woodwork to give you advice. I would contact Carnival and tell them of your situation and have them handle it. That is why they have policies. For your protection as well as theirs. Then there is no question. Seems everyone wants to circumvent what is the right thing to do and I am referring to the ones who are telling you not to do what you are supposed to do. Congratulations to you. Good luck and good health.