Any update on Epic Cannes Port?

mkm1998

I know a little over a month ago, NCL took away all the Cannes excursions that included Monte Carlo/Monaco. When I called they said this was a schedule issue, and that my excursion was still listed as paid for and occurring, and that they simply removed it from being purchased at this time. When I look at my vacation summary it shows that I have an excursion purchased, but since that one is the Monaco/Monte Carlo excursion, clicking on the Cannes day itinerary comes up blank.

Someone on here posted that the 'real' reason it was removed was due to an engine issue on the Epic, and that should be fixed during it's dry dock. However my cruise is Nov. 4th, after the dry dock, and so I'm a little nervous as to what will happen. If my excursion really does end up being cancelled, what are the chances that NCL contacts me to let me know in time to book an alternate excursion? If they don't alert me until I'm on the ship would that money become OBC or would they just refund my CC?

Thanks!

We are on the Epic western Med in August and when I check Explore and Plan on My NCL, 15 available excursions show for Cannes, including Monte Carlo and Monaco.

Is it maybe a website glitch? I believe NCL is notorious for them!

Whatever it is, I hope you get notification one way or another. :)

We are on the Epic western Med in August and when I check Explore and Plan on My NCL, 15 available excursions show for Cannes, including Monte Carlo and Monaco.

Is it maybe a website glitch? I believe NCL is notorious for them!

Whatever it is, I hope you get notification one way or another. :)

Good to hear! Yeah we really want to see Monte Carlo during the cruise, and were just worried that if NCL never said anything until the last minute that we would be SOL to book our own excursion to Monte Carlo. But good to know your cruise still shows it, that's good news!

Hi lynnquenby,

considering you have been on Epic before and I wasn't able to find an answer for this:

have you ever seen on sale a DVD with the best moments from your cruise? I was on RCI before and they had someone during the week filming people during many activities and in the end they sell a DVD with some moments of that exact week + footage from the ship.

Edited by ppstateofmind

NCL isn't bad either! ;)

This didnt sound very convincing :( I've been before on Navigator of the Seas (RCI) and really liked it. Had the chance to visit (not travel) on Anthem of the Seas, which definitely made me get new standards for what I think it's good about cruise ships :P I know Epic is not on the same league of Anthem, but hope to really enjoy it!

This didnt sound very convincing :( I've been before on Navigator of the Seas (RCI) and really liked it. Had the chance to visit (not travel) on Anthem of the Seas, which definitely made me get new standards for what I think it's good about cruise ships :P I know Epic is not on the same league of Anthem, but hope to really enjoy it!

Sorry, that would be my British sense of humour! :o

We haven't cruised any other line than NCL, so have nothing to compare it with. But after 4 cruises with them and the Epic booked again, it's safe to say that NCL is a good fit for us! :)

^Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Btw, can you please have a look at the question I posted above? Maybe you know something about it!

With regards to the DVD.......we bought a selection of photos last year on the Getaway and for an extra charge (which escapes me at the moment!) you can get THOSE pictures on a USB, but I didn't notice anything like you're mentioning. That's not to say it doesn't exist though. Sorry not to be of more help there!

I'm going on the 16th, hope you have a great trip! It's my first time on NCL, hope to enjoy it!

It's our honeymoon! Hoping to get more people on our roll call. It's very small right now...I am wondering where all the people are hiding :rolleyes:

Edited by pamelab1029
mistake!

With regards to the DVD.......we bought a selection of photos last year on the Getaway and for an extra charge (which escapes me at the moment!) you can get THOSE pictures on a USB, but I didn't notice anything like you're mentioning. That's not to say it doesn't exist though. Sorry not to be of more help there!

Digital pictures from the Sky were available for $19.95. I didn't buy them. I assume it was only the ones you purchased in hard copy form.

Hey BamaVol, did you happen to see any DVD on sale with footage from the best moments of your cruise?

if you didn't actually heard about a DVD, did you get to see someone from NCL filming some activities (in order to be included on this DVD)?

Edited by ppstateofmind

Hi lynnquenby,

considering you have been on Epic before and I wasn't able to find an answer for this:

have you ever seen on sale a DVD with the best moments from your cruise? I was on RCI before and they had someone during the week filming people during many activities and in the end they sell a DVD with some moments of that exact week + footage from the ship.

Hi there!

Sorry but TBH I really don't recall this being an option on in the cruises we have done on Epic - it was for our trip on NCL star through Panama canal though (which probably doesn't help at all!! )

Hey BamaVol, did you happen to see any DVD on sale with footage from the best moments of your cruise?

if you didn't actually heard about a DVD, did you get to see someone from NCL filming some activities (in order to be included on this DVD)?

I did not see a dvd for sale nor did I see anyone with an official NCL video camera. It's something I might have failed to notice since they're so small these days. Tonight I will look through my paperwork from the cruise. Even though I posted dailies and a few miscellaneous enclosures here, I kept almost everything whether I posted it or not.

I know a little over a month ago, NCL took away all the Cannes excursions that included Monte Carlo/Monaco. When I called they said this was a schedule issue, and that my excursion was still listed as paid for and occurring, and that they simply removed it from being purchased at this time. When I look at my vacation summary it shows that I have an excursion purchased, but since that one is the Monaco/Monte Carlo excursion, clicking on the Cannes day itinerary comes up blank.

Someone on here posted that the 'real' reason it was removed was due to an engine issue on the Epic, and that should be fixed during it's dry dock. However my cruise is Nov. 4th, after the dry dock, and so I'm a little nervous as to what will happen. If my excursion really does end up being cancelled, what are the chances that NCL contacts me to let me know in time to book an alternate excursion? If they don't alert me until I'm on the ship would that money become OBC or would they just refund my CC?

Thanks!

I am on the Aug 9/12 sailing and was concerned when this happened to me as well. However they worked out the times with the vendors and added it back a couple days after it was taken off so it is available. You should be able to see it when you log on under the excursions. So happy they got it back as thos was our #1 excursion we wanted to do!!

I am on the Aug 9/12 sailing and was concerned when this happened to me as well. However they worked out the times with the vendors and added it back a couple days after it was taken off so it is available. You should be able to see it when you log on under the excursions. So happy they got it back as thos was our #1 excursion we wanted to do!!

What time does your itinerary say you'll be at Port for Cannes? For me it's 8a-6p, but I believe for your cruise it's 7a-5p. I wonder if for some reason that's why it's not showing up on mine. Just logged in to confirm and none of the Monaco/Monte Carlo excursions are showing up.

What time does your itinerary say you'll be at Port for Cannes? For me it's 8a-6p, but I believe for your cruise it's 7a-5p. I wonder if for some reason that's why it's not showing up on mine. Just logged in to confirm and none of the Monaco/Monte Carlo excursions are showing up.

We are there 7a-5p. It was changed from 8a-6p when it was originally offered. Hopefully they'll add it back up before your trip!

Good to hear! Yeah we really want to see Monte Carlo during the cruise, and were just worried that if NCL never said anything until the last minute that we would be SOL to book our own excursion to Monte Carlo. But good to know your cruise still shows it, that's good news!

Monte Carlo is very, very small. You could easily do it on your own with a map and/or a taxi.