tuna salad recipe

bonniboo1

My search button won't work and I have googled this like crazy. Does anyone know how NCL makes their delicious tuna salad?

You won't be able to replicate it. They use fresh tuna that the crew catches off the stern of the ship. Freshness makes a difference.

If you are talking about the tuna salad in the buffet, it is unlikely they make this. The tuna salad is probably a pre-packaged mass food service item. What that means is that you can probably find it in your local grocery store in a smaller quantity or easily make it yourself. There are several different brands including Starkist, Sandrige, Bumble Bee.

There are two types of typical food service tuna salad. One is savory and the other is sweet. The sweet food service tuna salad contains celery, sweet pickle relish and a salad creme such as Miracle Whip. Sometimes this sweet version will have grapes, chopped apple or nuts or hard boiled egg in it. If the tuna salad tasted savory, the typical base for this salad is a combination of mayonnaise and celery salt (which may be the key ingredient you have not been able to figure out - it gives the salad a very fresh taste.)

But then there are several other types of tuna salads on NCL nowadays in the specialty restaurants including ceviche and sashimi style preparations which would start with raw sashimi grade ahi tuna and include some kind of acid such as lemon or lime juice as well as other flavorings (usually fresh herbs, fruits and veggies.)

Unfortunately, I didn't try the tuna salad on my recent NCL cruise or I could probably tell you exactly what is in it but if you can describe what was in the tuna salad at all and if it was sweet or savory, I could probably find a recipe that is fairly close for you online.

You won't be able to replicate it. They use fresh tuna that the crew catches off the stern of the ship. Freshness makes a difference.

Wow, awesome that they are so accommodating. I thought I would have to catch my own. [emoji6]

• 3 weeks later...