Spa day pass.... is it worth it?

paulgraff

Cruising on the Dream on this Sunday and interested in the Spa day pass as a way to spend a lot of quality time with my wife.... so is the Spa day pass the ticket, pun intended.

What exactly is the day pass, how much, and is it worth it?

Thanks, PG

The last I heard, the day pass was $40, and they are sold in limited quantities. You would get access to the thermal suite & therapy pool. The thermal suite are 4 rooms that are like fancy saunas. Each room has different temperatures & scents. The therapy pool is a fancy hot tub. I probably wouldn't pay that for just 1 day, but some people would in a hearbeat. Although, those people would probably buy the weekly pass. We paid $50 extra each to get a Cloud 9 Spa room, which included the access for the whole cruise. That was worth it.

...on the Splendor...

Actually, it was an 8-Day cruise charge, but technically, it's only for 7 days (hmmm....)...$189 for the week or $40/day...mathematically, it makes sense to get the week pass, but I felt like it wasn't worth it...I was always having to go at some time or another EVERY DAY to make sure I wasn't wasting money...LOL! I loved the Oriental and the Aroma steam rooms the best...the steamier and the hotter, the better...but again, it just didn't seem worth it.

Next time, I'll put ONE day aside and really enjoy the hell out of it...or, I'll pay for a Cloud 9 Spa room...that makes the MOST sense (although I'm not a fan of forward staterooms).

Anyway, just my .002. :rolleyes:

My thoughts are, if you and wife want to dedicate one whole day as a spa day, for relaxation and quietness, Its worth it.

Have breakfast in the dining room. Go change into robes and slippers. An hour in the hot tub. After that choose a steam room, relax After that, maybe a dip in the pool. Go back to cabin and order room service for lunch. Back to spa.

I've seen videos of spas on various ships and one area looks really relaxing with the heated ceramic chairs. A couple of hours could be spent there easily, reading, listening to music or napping. Looks really relaxing! Back to a different steam room and maybe another dip in the pool or hot tub.

It would be time to shower and get ready for the evening in no time.

I say money well spent. Go for it!:D

Was wondering this exact thing yesterday- following to see if it's worth my wild.

So what I understand we can already use the sauna for free right? So we would be paying $40 for different steam rooms and ceramic heated chairs??

I think I just answered my questions.

I also think that on port days they have pretty good deals at the spa- so keep an eye out.

• 1 year later...

I am wondering the same thing. I will be on a 7 day (4 port) cruise on the Magic in October. I usually have 1-2 massages (or some type of spa treatment) when I cruise. I would love to try the T-pool but I'm sure I wouldn't go to the sauna. With have 4 port days, I'm not sure I would benefit from buy the week pass. I don't believe you receive any discount on the spa treatments if you purchase the spa pass - can someone clarify this? Also, I am plus size, do they have robes that would fit me (3xl)? I believe I read that the robes on come in one size fits all.

My wife and I got the couples pass for our 7-day Magic cruise last week and it was well worth it for us. Cost $219 and we spent a couple hours there every day. We weren't doing any excursions so had the place to ourselves during the port days.

Cheers and happy cruising.