Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Beach $68 Priceline

Mlascheid

Just thought I'd post my winning bid from Priceline for anyone who may be trying to get rooms around the same time. Started out bidding for 4* in DT and Beach zones, but was getting nowhere so went down to a 3* and bid $68 and was accepted on first try. We are staying one night pre-cruise Dec. 10, 2005(sat). Was hoping to get Bahia Mar but......it's all part of the game. Hope it will be ok (i.e. clean) for one night. Anyone recently stay at this property who can give me some feedback??? What restaurants are close to the hotel(within walking distance)? How far is it from FLL and Port Everglades? And how much can we expect to pay in taxi fares? Thanks in advance!!!

If you mean the one at Sunrise Blvd. & A1A, it's an older hotel across the street from a nice beach. It's fine for a night as long as you're not expecting a 4 or 5-star experience. It's nothing fancy, but all the rooms are ocean view, and you probably won't find anything cheaper on the beach.

It's about a $20-25 taxi ride from FLL, a bit less going back down to Port Everglades. There are several small restaurants & bars within walking distance. I like Franco & Vinny's (Italian) a couple of blocks west on Sunrise Blvd. There's also a Mexican restaurant next door, but I've never eaten at that one. If you want to use the Water Taxi you can get it at the DoubleTree Guest Suites 3 blocks west, just across the bridge. The Galleria Mall is another block west... http://www.galleriamall-fl.com/

There's a Capital Grille in the front of Galleria Mall that's quite good... http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/

Trent...

The address is 999 Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd. I think it is the one you are referring to...corner of Sunrise and A1A.Thanks for the info. It'll have to do for one night. Just want a clean bed to lay our heads on the night before our cruise! Just a little disappointed as to how far north it is. There will be 9 of us...do you have any suggestions for transportation from FLL to hotel and then back to Port the next day? I'm sure you've covered this in other threads, but I'm having trouble searching the forums. Thank you so much for your input.

There's a 7-11 a couple of blocks west of the Holiday Inn on Sunrise Blvd., but that's the only thing I can think of within close walking distance. There's a Wild Oats Natural Food store a couple of blocks west of the bridge, across from Galleria Mall (about 6 blocks west of the Holiday Inn). There's a Publix, Walgreens, and Crown Wine & Spirits about a mile west of the Holiday Inn on Sunrise Blvd.

Archived