Email regarding boarding

auntylinda

My trip isn't until Wednesday. However, we received an automated call today saying the same thing. I think we are just going to wait and get there about 1. Disappointing, but better than standing for hours!

I received one too; however, my email simply stated what's below with no mention of tests or running behind - -

Hi there:

Betcha can't wait for your cruise aboard the beautiful Carnival Breeze. So, we'd like to take a moment to provide you with some important information.

To ensure a smooth embarkation experience, we will be implementing staggered check-in windows for your cruise. Your assigned check-in time is from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM. We kindly ask that you make plans to arrive within this time frame as guests arriving outside of their assigned window may be asked to come back later or experience a longer wait time.

We highly recommend you check-in at least one hour prior to our scheduled departure time of 4:00 PM. Please keep in mind that you may not be able to embark if you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time.

Lastly, if you have not yet registered for your cruise online, please take a moment to do so now as it will speed up your check-in at the pier. Visit us at http://www.carnival.com/OnlineCheckIn to register and print your boarding pass.

We can't wait to welcome you aboard for a fun and memorable cruise vacation.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Arlene Marichal

Sr. Director, Solutions and Special Services

I received an email from carnival with the following,

"Also, and most importantly, on Wednesday, following the completion of the debarkation process for the previous voyage, we will be conducting routine tests aboard the Carnival Splendor. Consequently, boarding for your cruise is expected to run a bit behind schedule.

As a result, check-in for your cruise is now scheduled from 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM. For your comfort and convenience, since seating and parking are limited at our cruise terminal, please do not arrive for check-in prior to 1:30 PM."

The cruise before us docks at 8am the same day. Is this a standard email? What time would you suggest we arrive? We have fttf, but want to start our vacay ASAP!

I would take the e-mail very seriously. I received an e-mail on the morning of departure that the DREAM had to make an emergency stop in Nassau the night before due to an emergency on board. The ship was late getting into Port Canaveral and debarkation took a lot longer than expected so our embarkation was delayed. It was a bit chaotic as hoards of people arrived early (possibly did not see the e-mail) which created a bit of a nightmare. Word to the wise.

I would take the e-mail very seriously. I received an e-mail on the morning of departure that the DREAM had to make an emergency stop in Nassau the night before due to an emergency on board. The ship was late getting into Port Canaveral and debarkation took a lot longer than expected so our embarkation was delayed. It was a bit chaotic as hoards of people arrived early (possibly did not see the e-mail) which created a bit of a nightmare. Word to the wise.

Yours is a different situation as the ship was late due to an emergency. Not the same.

Every cruise I have been on - every one, I get an email along this general line whether it be customs inspection, fleet week, staggering boarding or whatever, I have always arrived around 10 or 11 and always onboard by noon. Be prepared to wait but that can happen on any cruise. My last cruise suggested I arrive at 2:30. hahahaha. I got there about 11 and onboard by noon eating my lunch on an almost empty ship. Just sayin'!

See, Carnival is like the boy who cries wolf. No one know when to actually believe these. So many times people get these and don't know what to actually do. Go at their normal time or go later than usual. Some say they've gotten them and not been delayed and so many times they send them out just to spread out boarding times.

I really wish Carnival would only send these out when there is something actually going on so people didn't have to guess as to what to do.

If Carnival as a company wants to do staggered boarding, I wish they would just do it. Isn't it Disney that actually assigns you a time to show up? Not sure I know one of the companies does. But if they're going to do it, they need to fully commit to doing it. I mean, I think as it is right now, people seem to stagger themselves. There's the Plats/Diamonds, the FTTF and the early birds that get there early. The people that get there around 11, and then the people who get the email and follow it and don't show up until 1ish. Then there's the people who don't want any lines at all and show up around 2pm.

Good post, we normally ignore the email.

What really bothers me about this is with the FTTF you paid extra to board early. This really messes that up. I think I would want my money back for the FTTF.

I thought FTTF meant priority boarding not "early" boarding and that your room is ready and your luggage is faster. No matter when the ship starts boarding...be it at 11 or 1 an FTTF holder will board before everyone other than weddings, diamonds, and platinums. I don't see an boarding 'TIME' on the description of FTTF.

I'm sure your right. I'm just thinking, I guess of how disappointed I would be having to board later in the day. When I buy FTTF I'm hoping to have a longer first day to enjoy. I suppose you would still board earlier than some.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

I thought FTTF meant priority boarding not "early" boarding and that your room is ready and your luggage is faster. No matter when the ship starts boarding...be it at 11 or 1 an FTTF holder will board before everyone other than weddings, diamonds, and platinums. I don't see an boarding 'TIME' on the description of FTTF.

That is what it means. It certainly does NOT have a specific time attached to it.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

See, Carnival is like the boy who cries wolf. No one know when to actually believe these. So many times people get these and don't know what to actually do. Go at their normal time or go later than usual. Some say they've gotten them and not been delayed and so many times they send them out just to spread out boarding times.

I really wish Carnival would only send these out when there is something actually going on so people didn't have to guess as to what to do.

If Carnival as a company wants to do staggered boarding, I wish they would just do it. Isn't it Disney that actually assigns you a time to show up? Not sure I know one of the companies does. But if they're going to do it, they need to fully commit to doing it. I mean, I think as it is right now, people seem to stagger themselves. There's the Plats/Diamonds, the FTTF and the early birds that get there early. The people that get there around 11, and then the people who get the email and follow it and don't show up until 1ish. Then there's the people who don't want any lines at all and show up around 2pm.

Disney has you select a Port Arrival Time when you do your online check in. They may deny your entry into the port if you come earlier and they DO check the time when you try to enter the port. The PAT affects your boarding group as in if you have a 12:30-1:00 PAT and you arrive at 11:00, you may be denied entry and if you are not, you will still be assigned a boarding group based on your 12:30-1:00 PAT. You won't get on the ship earlier.

There is no such thing as FTTF. Concierge guests board earliest or as soon as they arrive if they miss the first boarding group. Online check opens earlier for guests with previous cruise status so that's how they get to board earlier - by checking in earlier to get an early Port Arrival Time. If they don't do the online check in early, they may not get an early PAT.

It's very clear cut and works well.

Just a word of advice. Don't take a Carnival transfer unless you want to be seated on a bus at the terminal with no restroom available and no water. This happened to us not too long ago. We had handicapped people on board who had to use the restroom. We sat on the bus for over 2 hours until I went to the bus driver and gave her two choices. I was ready to call 911, as IMHO we were being held hostage. The bus driver decided to take us to the terminal and drop us off. We were on the ship in less than 10 minutes. Take care of yourself, that was a lesson learned. If you have to sit at the terminal, at least you will have access to a restroom and water.

Edited by elliair