Alaskan Cruise

My question is for anyone that is on the current or previous cruise to Alaska.

My DW and I will be on the up coming cruise dated for 15 June, 2015.

Can someone please let me know what is opened in Victoria BC. as this is an evening port time of 7:30pm to midnight. ( ie shopping - if close to port, restaurant's, etc...).

I took this cruise last summer and lots of things in Victoria were closed in the evening. They have a great museum but it closes around 5.. A good part of the shops were closed as well. Buchart gardens was open as well as several restaurants. We walked from the ship to the downtown area and had a nice dinner. It was a beautiful walk and we passed the picturesque government buildings, inner harbor and famous Fairmont Empress hotel.

Have been to Buchart gardens before and it is very nice, didn't go since we had already been. Buchart gardens is a distance away so you will need to book some type of tour but it really is beautiful.

It's a nice little city so you will have a nice time just going for a walk. There is a little touristy area closer to the ship than the downtown that had little restaurants close to the water so if you don't want to walk too far that is an option.

My question is for anyone that is on the current or previous cruise to Alaska.

My DW and I will be on the up coming cruise dated for 15 June, 2015.

Can someone please let me know what is opened in Victoria BC. as this is an evening port time of 7:30pm to midnight. ( ie shopping - if close to port, restaurant's, etc...).

That is an excellent question!

We sail in July and I have wondered the same thing. Hoping to get some answers from your post.

I took this cruise last summer and lots of things in Victoria were closed in the evening. They have a great museum but it closes around 5.. A good part of the shops were closed as well. Buchart gardens was open as well as several restaurants. We walked from the ship to the downtown area and had a nice dinner. It was a beautiful walk and we passed the picturesque government buildings, inner harbor and famous Fairmont Empress hotel.

Have been to Buchart gardens before and it is very nice, didn't go since we had already been. Buchart gardens is a distance away so you will need to book some type of tour but it really is beautiful.

It's a nice little city so you will have a nice time just going for a walk. There is a little touristy area closer to the ship than the downtown that had little restaurants close to the water so if you don't want to walk too far that is an option.

Thanks for the info.

Unless you are in Victoria on a Friday or Saturday the Royal BC Museum will be closed. Most of the shops on Government Street will be open. With your arrival time in Victoria you really only have the option of taking a ship's tour of the Butchart Gardens. Things like the Empress Hotel will be open. The provincial legislature buildings will be illuminated and are really quite lovely to see. The buskers on the causeway across the road from the Empress will be preforming. The horse drawn carriage tours will be operating.

There are many things happening around the harbor in the evenings. We got there, watched the sun set, listened to some wonderful; street performers. Later we did one of those Ghost Walk tours which we found very good. Afterwards, we again, hung around the harbor as it is alive with people, then took a taxi back to the ship.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/new%20alaska/alaskamain647.jpg

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz267/Giantfan13/new%20alaska/alaskamain673.jpg

Cheers

Len