A2 v A1

pjs678

Hi all, was offered a free upgrade from A2 to A1 on Silhouette for a Baltic cruise next summer. Should I bother? Aren't the aft A2 cabins better because they have cabins above and no overhang?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I would probably take the upgrade if I could get a cabin on the hump, such as 1610, with their giant diagonal balconies. However, these cabins are desirable real estate and are grabbed very early.

Edited by emileg

My wife and I were in 1634 and our adult children in 1636 on the Equinox in 2012. Both rooms were very quiet. My wife and I will be in 1640 next March. We are expecting more of the same. Great location!

We booked A2 over A1 because many of the A1 cabins are directly below the pool. We've been under the pool before and found there to be a lot of noise.

Check the location before upgrading.

Hi all, was offered a free upgrade from A2 to A1 on Silhouette for a Baltic cruise next summer. Should I bother? Aren't the aft A2 cabins better because they have cabins above and no overhang?

Thanks in advance for any input.

We like A2 on S better. A1 i right under the pool and cafe, could be noise at night.

We have been in 1591 twice and there was no problem. As long as you are not under the whirlpool it should not be a problem. As far as the overhang goes. We had both sun and shade. In A2 we once had such noisy neighbours :eek:that anything under the pool would have been better...so you never can tell. I would go for whichever is the better midship location

but of course it depends on the ship. We had a mid ship A2 location on the Reflection which was perfect for us. On upcoming Bermuda trip on the Summit, we didn't like any of the aqua locations, so picked the best (to us) of the A2.

So always know the ship layout before deciding.