San Juan Hotel and Priceline?

clementyne

My husband and I are booked on Adventure of the Sea's Southern Caribbean cruise out of San Juan on 2/26/06, and we would like to book a beach front hotel in San Juan for the night of the 25th.

I have read through the entire Priceline thread as I have never "bid" on anything before, but it seems like a much better way to go in terms of cost. Last year, we cruised out of San Juan at the same time of year, and booked through our travel agent at ESJ Towers on the beach for over $200/night. The room was ok, at best, but the resturant and bar were pretty lacking.

Has anyone gotten a BEACH front hotel on Priceline? If so, what parameters did you put in, and what rate did you pay? Is it too early for me to get a really good deal? I would be thrilled if I could get a room at a beach front hotel for $150 or less considering that most of them are around $300-$350 rack rate.

Also, when you win a bid on Priceline, are you usually put in the crappiest room they have?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in adavance!

Clem

We are leaving out of SJ in Jan. and got the Marriott which is beach front, for $100.00.

Last year we got the Wyndham for $96.00 and upgraded to an ocean view room @ no extra cost.

Both were thru Priceline. I bid for resort in the Condado area. I'll probably try it again in the future. Good luck.

Cruzfiend-

I looked on Priceline, and Condado is not one of the criteria selections. It lists Dorado, Mayaguez, Ponce, Rio Grande and San Juan. I was thinking I should choose San Juan?

Also, how did you upgrade to the ocean view? Did you do that at check in? Are there any resorts that are NOT beach front that you know of? How far in advance did you book?

So many questions!

Clem

Does it make any sense to book priceline when there are 3 others couples included in our trip? I would hate to find out that one or two of us wound up at another hotel.

On priceline you can reserve up to 4 rooms at one time under one bid - so then all 4 rooms will be assigned to the same hotel. If you have more than 4 then you are taking your chances at being assigned to different hotels.

Archived