Just back from Liberty 6/4/15-6/13/15

I did not know about the brunch before the trip. We reserved it the day before we went. The tour was only 20-25 min and once you went into Portifinos everything was already set up as a buffet so you can take as much time as you want to eat. They did not rush us out. It was very nice.

Loralie

Thanks! I saw it in one of the cruise compasses, but is currently not available for booking prior to departure - well not yet...

Edited by sauvichick

I was also on this same cruise and agree it was great. Well, perhaps not the food in the dining room but I had a great experience in Portofino and Chops. Since I am gluten free this was a major issue and I really didn't get a decent meal until Day 6. Only when the DL Concierge Anis handled the issue in the best way he could. Definitely some communication issues in the dining room and all the other food areas around the ship with the exception of Chops and Portofino.

My brother in law did not like the food in the MDR at all. I did not think it was as bad as he thought it was. Our waiters were really good and we are more understanding that they are serving thousands of people so we are not expecting a 5 star restaurant experience.

I'm sure the fact that you needed gluten free made it more difficult for you than most people. I'm glad they were finally able to straighten out the problem for you.

Loralie

Thanks so much! So far, we know our child wants to do the zip line in Labadee and we are going to do Horseshoe in Bermuda and maybe snorkel there. We are considering the yacht race in St. Maarten, but also want to have time for a beach visit. Might try the Flowrider, too.

Could you list the menu order? Not sure if we want to do MDR every night until we know what is offered.

Did you use a drink package, and if so, do you feel it was worth it? We don't think it is a saver for us, but not sure.

Thanks so much! So far, we know our child wants to do the zip line in Labadee and we are going to do Horseshoe in Bermuda and maybe snorkel there. We are considering the yacht race in St. Maarten, but also want to have time for a beach visit. Might try the Flowrider, too.

Could you list the menu order? Not sure if we want to do MDR every night until we know what is offered.

Did you use a drink package, and if so, do you feel it was worth it? We don't think it is a saver for us, but not sure.

Your plans sound great. I do not have the MDR menus but I'm sure someone on cruise critic has it. We loved Chops and Portifinos so give them a try if you can. We are not drinkers so we did not get the drink package. My husband and kids got the soda package. If your kids like Shirley Temples they are allowed with the soda package.😀

Loralie

The only show we had to make reservations for was the ice skating show. They had 3. Showings of Saturday night fever. The first showing was for late dining guests. The second one was for main dining guests. I guess the 3rd was for people who missed the other 2 shows. We had Main dining seating and we tried to go to the second showing but when we got there it was full so we went to the 3rd showing. I enjoyed it but my mother in law said she was falling asleep. Lol

Loralie

Can you please tell me what time is the Saturday night fever show. We have my time dinning for 6:30. Thank you. Glad you had a good time.

Can you please tell me what time is the Saturday night fever show. We have my time dinning for 6:30. Thank you. Glad you had a good time.

You can probably catch the show for early dining guests. That's fairly close to early seating.

You can probably catch the show for early dining guests. That's fairly close to early seating.

Thank you for your answer but both times we were on the Quantum there was an afternoon show. Are all the shows in the evening? Are they on sea days? Thank you again.

Forgive my foggy memory but there were three shows. I just can't bring to mind the exact times and I did not bring home the daily compasses The first one was at either 6:30 or 7:00. The next was 8:00 or 8:30. The last was a sea day at either 2:00 or 3:00. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the information. Will really help plan our Liberty cruise in August?

Did you happen to notice what brands of bottled water are sold on board? I know the water packages have Evian, which I don't care for. I'm certainly willing to give ship's water a try, but was wondering what other options there are if I don't like the way the ship water tastes. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive my foggy memory but there were three shows. I just can't bring to mind the exact times and I did not bring home the daily compasses The first one was at either 6:30 or 7:00. The next was 8:00 or 8:30. The last was a sea day at either 2:00 or 3:00. Hope this helps.

Yes, the 3rd show was at 2:00 pm in the afternoon. That's the show I went to because when I tried to go to the one for the main dining seating it was full.

Loralie

Thanks for all the information. Will really help plan our Liberty cruise in August?

Did you happen to notice what brands of bottled water are sold on board? I know the water packages have Evian, which I don't care for. I'm certainly willing to give ship's water a try, but was wondering what other options there are if I don't like the way the ship water tastes. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed Evian on board but the ships water tasted fine to me. I also brought a case of Poland spring water with me for my room. I taped a luggage tag to it and they delivered it to my room. That might be a good option for you.

Loralie

If you think that your child will like the Flowrider even a little bit, I'd suggest that it should be moved to the top of the to-do list.

For the first couple of days of the 6/4/15 Liberty cruise the Flowrider was mostly empty except for myself and a couple of other guys and the lack of lines gave us a lot of time to get really quite good with both the boogie boarding and stand up surfing.

If I had to point to a single thing onboard the Liberty that was the real standout for me it would be the Flowrider. It's a huge amount of fun and despite how it might look it really isn't intimidating once you're on it - on the 6/4/15 cruise the oldest person I know of how successfully did the Flowrider was an 84 year old woman who had it on her bucket list.

...Did you happen to notice what brands of bottled water are sold on board?...

The beverage packages will vary in the types of water, but I've mostly seen Crystal Geyser.

Thank you. That does help.😄

If you think that your child will like the Flowrider even a little bit, I'd suggest that it should be moved to the top of the to-do list.

For the first couple of days of the 6/4/15 Liberty cruise the Flowrider was mostly empty except for myself and a couple of other guys and the lack of lines gave us a lot of time to get really quite good with both the boogie boarding and stand up surfing.

If I had to point to a single thing onboard the Liberty that was the real standout for me it would be the Flowrider. It's a huge amount of fun and despite how it might look it really isn't intimidating once you're on it - on the 6/4/15 cruise the oldest person I know of how successfully did the Flowrider was an 84 year old woman who had it on her bucket list.

You were riding the flow rider with my husband Rory. Hardly nobody on it until day 7.

My brother in law has the internet package but he said it was slow. I booked a private tour with Bernards Tours in St. Marten and it was amazing. They took us to a lookout point and we got out of the van to take pictures. The view from up there was amazing. Then we went to Maho beach to see the planes. That was pretty cool. Then he wanted to take us shopping but we told him we are not big shoppers and we wanted more time at the beach. He took us to Orient Beach and it was paradise. I'm so glad we skipped the shopping. My son rented a jet ski there. It was $60.00 for 30 min or $100.00 for 1 hour. He said they were real wave runners and they went very fast. He loved it.

In Labadee I did the zip line and the parasailing. Both were awesome. I'm so glad I did it.

On the ship my kids did the flowrider lesson and they learned a lot and they had a great time doing it. I did the adult cupcake decorating class and it was really cute and fun.

Portifinos had a champagne brunch that came with a galley tour for $15.00 per person. That was something I had not heard about before I left. The tour was interesting and the brunch was nice. They had steak and eggs and eggs Benedict among other things.

We had a great trip

Loralie

Which day was the champagne brunch? When could you make reservations, and was it a buffet or served brunch?

Which day was the champagne brunch? When could you make reservations, and was it a buffet or served brunch?

The brunch was the last 2 sea days. We went on the last day. We made the reservation the day before the brunch. The food was set up as a buffet. The waiters came around and offered you more champagne or mimosa, coffee or tea.

Loralie

Edited by Loralie

I was wondering if Liberty had the freestyle Coke machines on board yet? I haven't kept up for quite some time but have booked another cruise on her so I wanted to check in on the latest. Last I heard, when Liberty was doing international cruises, they were not able to get the freestyle machine.

Thanks for all of the info.

Cruising Liberty 7/30 9night. Cruising with two kids 9 &11 and Wife and Father in Law. Have not cruised in over 10 Years.

Couple of questions

1) Does spa area have relaxation areas and steam where you can hangout

2) Does the ship provide radio/phones to communicate with Kids?

I was wondering if Liberty had the freestyle Coke machines on board yet? I haven't kept up for quite some time but have booked another cruise on her so I wanted to check in on the latest. Last I heard' date=' when Liberty was doing international cruises, they were not able to get the freestyle machine.

Thanks for all of the info.[/quote']

No, they have not been put on the ship.