Carnival Liberty September 6, 2015

grsshppr

My partner and I will also be on-board. 30 and 40 from Brooklyn. Been together about 7 years, something like that.

Excited for really good drinks at Alchemy bar!

Luckily I believe FOD is held there.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

So excited!

Has anyone looked at excursions lately? Trying to decide what to do and just how many zip lines to do. :D We also saw something about an ice bar in St. Thomas. Any suggestions? I don't actually know how to swim :eek: so a lot of the water activities are out - at least for me. Though I am happy to lounge on a boat and watch everyone else. :cool:

We've got our excursions nailed down:

St. Thomas - Renting a Jeep and driving to Mountain Top, Coki/Magens/Lindquist Beaches, possible ferry to St. John to Trunk Bay, downtown to walk Main St.

Barbados - The Boatyard to hang out most of the day and then over to downtown Bridgetown to try to find Rhianna.

St. Lucia - St. Lucia Land Tour through James Touring Service

St. Kitts - Carnival Excursion: Top 10 Best of St. Kitts Tour

St. Maarten - Carnival Excursion: See & Sea Island Tour/French St. Martin in the morning. Maho Beach to watch planes in the afternoon.

If you think you may be pressed to make it to the cruise terminal from the airport, I'd do the transfer through Carnival so you're guaranteed to arrive on time. I'd check the price of it vs taxi anyway. It may be cheaper than a taxi since most taxis charge a flat $20 to and from airports?

We're only doing two excursions:

St Thomas - we are doing a beach cruise to John Van Dyke island (which is supposed to be amazing).

St Lucia - snorkling between the Pitons.

And then St Maarten we will be on clothing optional Orient beach.:)

As per suggestions - personally on St Maarten; club orient (Orient beach) is the beach to be on; if clothing optional doesn't affect your sensibilities - it's family friendly - not sexually charged. However - we usually stay on St Maarten as land based vacations so we've seen the other stuff - for a firt timer- the planes on Maho would be pretty cool.

and

Meghans Bay in St Thomas is beautiful.

If you have time - rainforest in Puerto Rico is beautiful.

Don't know too much about the other islands.

Edited by asteve5

FUN! I really want to go to Jost Van Dyke. I've got a group of friends who sailed the Leeward Islands and said JVD was by far their favorite. I know you'll have a great time there!

Snorkeling is always a good choice. I'll be snorkeling every chance I get! :)

• 2 weeks later...