Promenade connecting cabins on Liberty

Thinking about getting two connecting Promenade cabins on the Liberty. I have a few questions.

1. Where is the connecting door located (near the closet or the window)?

2. Is is possible to keep the doors open all the time or will it interfere with the walking space in the cabin?

3. If they can be kept open, do we need to bring anything to keep them open, i.e. door stop, bungee cord?

Thanks in advance for any information.

We had connecting PR cabins on Liberty a few years ago, and it worked great for us. It was a 14-night cruise, and we were traveling with good friends, and we all agreed that we'd like the connecting door to remain unlocked. Of course the rule was "knock first."

We had to ask the cabin attendant to unlock the door, which was no problem. The connecting door was located on the wall between the bathroom and the vanity/desk. When it was open, it stayed open by itself. We didn't need anything to hold it open.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

The door is flat against the wall when it's open - it's not in the way at all. If you're looking at promenade rooms and you have four people, I highly recommend getting two. They are not large. Also look into connecting cabins 6305 and 6307 - 6305 is the Ben and Jerry's Sweet. The cabin has a limited view of the promenade due to its location over Ben and Jerry's, but you get free ice cream for the week, as well as access to the Concierge Lounge, for the same price as a regular promenade room. It's also decorated in a cow theme. If you search for information about it on the Boards, you'll find a lot. The cabin does get booked in advance, though.

Thank you so much. When you had the doors open were you able to move around your cabin or did the doors take up floor walking space?

I don't recall the open door creating any negative issues. It was great having access to each other's rooms, i.e., an extra bathoom, etc. Hope it works out for you!

When we sailed Freedom in 2008 with our two kids, we got connecting Promenade rooms and really loved them! We kept the door open the entire week and it felt like our 'room' was so much larger!

No issues at all keeping the door open.