Current Wifi Options?-- transatlantic, if possible

I did a search and found a thread that was about a month old, but wifi plans seem to be changing constantly these days. We will be on a transatlantic in September, and our kids will be with their grandparents. We'll need wifi for most of the cruise. I'd like to have an idea of how much it's going to cost us before we get on the ship and have sticker shock! Anyone know the current wifi prices? Also, anyone have wifi info specifically for transatlantics?

I did a search and found a thread that was about a month old, but wifi plans seem to be changing constantly these days. We will be on a transatlantic in September, and our kids will be with their grandparents. We'll need wifi for most of the cruise. I'd like to have an idea of how much it's going to cost us before we get on the ship and have sticker shock! Anyone know the current wifi prices? Also, anyone have wifi info specifically for transatlantics?

The latest prices I've seen are $20 per day for one device, and $30 per day for two devices. This is for unlimited internet. They may have better deals once you are onboard.

Edited by clarea

The latest prices I've seen are $20 per day for one device, and $30 per day for two devices. This is for unlimited internet. They may have better deals once you are onboard.

$20 X 15 day cruise = ouch!! Is it possible to purchase internet for several days of the cruise, but not all?! I think we'll be OK on port days-- we can find an internet cafe somewhere, but during our string of sea days we'd like to be connected.

$20 X 15 day cruise = ouch!! Is it possible to purchase internet for several days of the cruise, but not all?! I think we'll be OK on port days-- we can find an internet cafe somewhere, but during our string of sea days we'd like to be connected.

I know you can purchase internet for a single day, but I believe the price is higher.

I was on the Allure Transatlantic and the packages they had were one day unlimited ($29.25), 4 days (it had to be 4 consecutive days, not one day here and one day there) for $79.95 and then there was one for the whole 12 days but I can't remember the price. I purchased the 4 day package, used my Diamond coupon to bring the price down a bit, and then when I had bad internet service one day I mentioned it to the guy and he credited me one day.

Edited by emilygrace

I'm going to guess that the wifi costs will be a minor sticker shock compared to the other costs of the trip.

That being said, I know you said you need wifi every day, but, is it possible you could do without? I don't want to assume who or what your needs are, but I can tell you as somebody who is connected WAY to much it's kind of nice to decompress on the ship and not be connected all the time. I know it's a change, but, change can be positive.

Anyway, enjoy your cruise.

A trick I used to use when hotels charged.

If it's a 24 hour day, log on say Monday at 2 PM. Check in with kids.... Tuesday check in at 1 PM just before your 24 hours expires.... Go for 24 hours without internet and log back on Wed at 2 and do the same cycle.... Cuts the days with the charge in half and still lets you connect at least once a day.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I also looked on the AT&T website, and apparently, I can buy a $30 plan that gives me 50 minutes of voice on the cruise($1.00 a minute after that), and sending texts are only $.50 a piece. I might go that route instead.

I was on April Allure TA. It was 12 nights cruise. I checked my cruise details, and I was charged 180usd for unlimited wifi for one device, but got 27usd discount for Platinum.

We did use the wifi for three devices but only one at the time. The first had to be checked out before another could log in.