Can kids go in bars??

baseball256

Sailing on the Miracle next month. Are kids allowed in the bars with parents? I know my boys 11 and 18 want to be able to watch games in the sports bar

Yes, with a few exceptions. The night club is 18+ later at night (strictly enforced) and some of the comedy shows are supposed to be adults only (not always enforced). There are bars all over the ship and they are not always in a separate room.

I've often seen kids in the sports bar, especially during the day.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

Short answer, yes. As long as they are accompanied by an adult. The exception would be the nightclub/disco at night.

The Piano Bar used to be off limits for kids after 10:00 p.m., but I think they changed that. I wouldn't know as I don't enjoy the Piano Bar. :p

I don't make it a habit of taking my kids to bars with me, but on our Liberty cruise our family used the Alchemy Bar as a meeting spot for pre-dinner drinks. My kids loved watching the bartenders pour the drinks, they make quite a show of it sometimes. We also did karaoke on several nights which is held in one of the lounges.

Sailing on the Miracle next month. Are kids allowed in the bars with parents? I know my boys 11 and 18 want to be able to watch games in the sports bar

Hi and Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

It will be absolutely fine for your boys to go to the sports bar to watch the games .... even without you! :D

LuLu

Short answer, yes. As long as they are accompanied by an adult. The exception would be the nightclub/disco at night.

The Piano Bar used to be off limits for kids after 10:00 p.m., but I think they changed that. I wouldn't know as I don't enjoy the Piano Bar. :p

The specifically are not excluded from the Piano Bar later in the evening but the piano player won't play any of the raunchier songs/lyrics while kids are in there.

My sons will be 19 and 15 on our upcoming cruise. In the past, we've never had a problem with the sports bar - the older one needs his sports fix.;) However, we had one cruise where the piano bar entertainer absolutely did not want kids - at any hour - and asked them to leave.

I can speak for the Liberty. My son (age 14) is a huge hockey fan. During the day, he would go in the sports bar to get his daily fix of sports. I wasn't with him one time and a bartender was setting up for the evening and asked him how old he was. They told him a parent had to be with him so he left and found me.

That's a shame about the piano bar. I was hoping to bring my kids in for a song or two before bed. Not after 10 though so maybe the piano player will be cool with it.

One of the fun parts of the Piano Bar is the raunchy songs played at night. If you bring your kids in after the posted time two thing will happen: 1) Your kids will hear raunchy songs containing swears and politically correct lyrics or 2) The piano player will not play these songs, irritating those adults who are there for that very reason. While the piano player might "be cool wit it," the people there probably won't be.

I speak from experience.

This is on Carnival website under the Sports Bar tab:

Age Range: Fun For All Cost: included-with-cruise.ashxIncluded Regular beverage prices apply Must be 21 or older to drink alcoholic beverages

As for the piano bar, I don't like it now that kids can go in as they sit at piano and talk/goof off and the entertainer won't do the fun saucy songs. Hmmm...for what it's worth, I just noticed this on Carnival site under Piano Bar tab:

Age Range: 21+ Cost: included-with-cruise.ashxIncluded Regular beverage prices apply

Edited by laumicmah

On our last cruise, I always let my kids (they were 6 and 9 at the time) sit at the bar and order their own drinks (Bottomless Bubbles), then add the tip, and sign the paper. It was never a problem, and it made the kids feel a little grown up.