Travel Agent vs PVP/Dancing of the Ships question

Singer4Him

We have always booked with a TA and have always had a great experience. She even worried her magic a couple of years ago and was able to get us a $500+ OBC from our ES. They had initially denied it but she persisted and we were so very grateful.

But now, this whole dancing of the ships has really messed me up. We were booked on the Magic for a seven day out of Galveston leaving April 17th. My booking is completely gone online and when I called Carnival, I was told that they couldn't tell me anything since it was booked through a TA. I have no idea if they have rebooked me or anything. I haven't received an email either and I'm wondering if that is bc it was booked through a TA.

I've called my TA and she's out of town for a few days so her vm requested I send an email which I did. Not sure when I will hear back but I feel like my hands are tied at this moment and, I'll be honest, it's pretty frustrating!

Any input would be welcomed.

Had a booking on this same Magic sailing that has now been canceled. Here are the options that were offered as a replacement. Rebook on another cruise with price protection plus $50/person onboard credit. Carnival Freedom sailing from Galveston 4/16/16 visiting Key West, Freeport and Nassau; Carnival Dream sailing from New Orleans 4/17/16 visiting Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel; Carnival Breeze sailing from Galveston 5/8/16 visiting Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel or Carnival Breeze sailing from Galveston 5/29/16 visiting Roatan, Belize, Cozumel. If you choose to cancel and not rebook, refund will be issued within 3 weeks of cancellation. Hope this helps.

Can you not contact the Travel Agency where your TA works? I am an agent and when I am on vacation or out of the office, there are other agents to handle things like this in an emergency.

Had a booking on this same Magic sailing that has now been canceled. Here are the options that were offered as a replacement. Rebook on another cruise with price protection plus $50/person onboard credit. Carnival Freedom sailing from Galveston 4/16/16 visiting Key West, Freeport and Nassau; Carnival Dream sailing from New Orleans 4/17/16 visiting Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel; Carnival Breeze sailing from Galveston 5/8/16 visiting Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel or Carnival Breeze sailing from Galveston 5/29/16 visiting Roatan, Belize, Cozumel. If you choose to cancel and not rebook, refund will be issued within 3 weeks of cancellation. Hope this helps.

I wonder if they will allow the 5/22/16 on the Breeze to Key West, Nassau & Freeport? That's what I'm considering at this point since we will be going to GC, Montego Bay and Coz this November and I would like to sail again for my anniversary in August next year and that cruise would be to Belize, Roatan & Coz.

Can you not contact the Travel Agency where your TA works? I am an agent and when I am on vacation or out of the office, there are other agents to handle things like this in an emergency.

Unfortunately, she works for herself. Again, she has always been amazing but this is leaving me terribly frustrated. I'm just hoping that she's not out of the country and can help me with this before Saturday.

I wonder if they will allow the 5/22/16 on the Breeze to Key West, Nassau & Freeport? That's what I'm considering at this point since we will be going to GC, Montego Bay and Coz this November and I would like to sail again for my anniversary in August next year and that cruise would be to Belize, Roatan & Coz.

Yes, you should be able to switch to any Carnival cruise that has availability. I was mainly interested in a sailing around the original date and from Galveston which is why those options were presented. :)

Yes, you should be able to switch to any Carnival cruise that has availability. I was mainly interested in a sailing around the original date and from Galveston which is why those options were presented. :)

Do you recall how much the price difference was between the Magic and the Breeze? An approximate amount, I mean. I know that it will depend upon the itinerary. ;)

Do you recall how much the price difference was between the Magic and the Breeze? An approximate amount, I mean. I know that it will depend upon the itinerary. ;)

Since Carnival cancelled your cruise they are offering the same price for the same category you had originally booked on a comparable cruise, pending availability. Plus $50/person onboard credit for your trouble. At least that is how it was explained to me.

Since Carnival cancelled your cruise they are offering the same price for the same category you had originally booked on a comparable cruise, pending availability. Plus $50/person onboard credit for your trouble. At least that is how it was explained to me.

This will be wonderful! Thank you so much!

I've never dealt with anything like this before. The closest was in 2009 when we were scheduled for a five day cruise to Progreso and Cozumel and then Swine Flu hit! They changed our itinerary and gave us a seven day for the price of the five! WooHoo! We went to Key West, Nassau and Freeport. Not a bad deal, if you ask me. :D